Genius Sports Group is one of the world’s largest sports technology companies, specializing in the capture, distribution and commercialization of live data, streams and digital content. We work in partnership with the biggest names in sports, betting and media to power a global ecosystem that benefits every stakeholder. Headquartered in London, we have offices in New York, Medellin, Tallinn, Sofia, Vilnius, Lausanne and Singapore, which are home to over 1,400 of our talented employees.
The Senior Cyber Security Engineer will be responsible for the provision of operational cybersecurity throughout a dynamic and expanding global commercial organisation.
The role will necessitate close liaison with numerous departments, businesses and senior stakeholders across the Group and as such, will require someone who can not only deliver implementation but explain the reasons for the policies and procedures to stakeholder.
The Senior Cyber Security Engineer will demonstrate extensive technical security knowledge and expertise, acting as a subject matter expert to other security members of the Genius Sports team.
- To assist in the delivery of Cyber Security strategic roadmap for Genius Sports Group, acting as a security SME for delivery on time, and to budget.
- Acting as an SME for aspects of cyber incident management from detection, through to remediation and lesson learnt
- Administration of the Genius Sports risk register and subsequent delivery plans
- Subject matter expertise on all aspects of information security and cyber risk
- Manage and report on the implementation of security industry standards and best-practice standards, such as Cyber Essentials or ISO27001
- Providing Information Security guidance across IT operations and new projects
- Direction of information security investigations, ensuring that evidence is collected in an admissible manner, whilst restoring business functionality in line with RTO
- Identify, assess and drive process around emerging security threats and vulnerabilities that could affect the Group and users of its information
- Carry out security risk assessments
- Mentoring / support of junior members of the team
- Significant experience in Information Security disciplines including incident management and engineering of security platforms (IDS, SIEM, AV solutions, vulnerability management)
- Recognised security qualifications such as SSCP, CEH, Security+
- Track record of achievement and delivery within various operational information security roles
- Good knowledge of technical security issues and solutions
- Good knowledge of cyber threats, penetration testing, and vulnerability assessments
- Understanding of cloud security controls in AWS and/or Azure
- Experience in working alongside business stakeholders in a dynamic and agile tech environment
- Experience with of widely used IT security control products/protocols
- Good communication skills, articulate, organised, diligent and pragmatic
- Good experience of operational IS Security preferably within a SOC environment
- Technical understanding of secure software development lifecycle
We have a work-hard, play hard culture at Genius Sports Group. We have many social events going on throughout the year such as, summer and Christmas parties, monthly team building events, sports tournaments, birthday celebrations, food vouchers, charity days and wellbeing actives. Health insurance coverage, a generous IT training budget and many others depending on location, are part of our benefits list.
Genius Sports Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognize and celebrate the benefits that a diverse and inclusive workforce bring to our business, our customers and our staff. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other status protected by applicable law)