Genius Sports Group is one of the world’s largest sports technology companies, specializing in the capture, distribution and commercialization of live data, streams and digital content. We work in partnership with the biggest names in sports, betting and media to power a global ecosystem that benefits every stakeholder. Headquartered in London, we have offices in New York, Medellin, Tallinn, Sofia, Vilnius, Lausanne and Singapore, which are home to over 1,400 of our talented employees.
Genius Sports is a global leader in digital sports content, technology and integrity services. Our technology is used in over 150 countries worldwide, empowering sports to capture, manage and distribute their live data and video, driving their digital transformation and enhancing their relationships with fans. We are the trusted partner to over 500 sports organizations globally, including many of the world’s largest leagues and federations such as the Premier League, FIBA, NCAA and PGA TOUR.
As the Lead DevOps Engineer you will report to the Delivery Director. You will join a company that uses Agile methodologies (Scrum and Kanban) in both the development and IT Operations teams. You will collaborate closely with both groups to meet release deadlines. Also, you will play a key role in ensuring frequent releases as we continue to reduce our cycle time, de-risk future releases and provide quick ROI.
Our goals at the moment:
- To reduce developer waste by configuring our environments automatically and reducing the feedback loop from code to release
- To enable developers and operations to take control and responsibility for their own monitoring
- Working closely with the development and product teams to ensure high performance and reliability across all tiers of the stack
- Leading the DevOps engineers’ team to accomplish the company’s architectural strategy and goals
- Improving our infrastructure platform by automating the manual maintenance tasks and increasing efficiencies with the AWS Cloud
- Guiding project teams through the technology selection and architecture/security governance processes
- Designing, enabling and optimizing CI/CD pipelines for development teams
- Sharing DevOps expertise with other teams to help track down performance/stability problems
- Experience with Linux & command line skills (cross-platform skills a bonus)
- Comfortable with AWS cloud services
- At least one infrastructure language (Cloudformation, Terraform)
- Understanding of networking protocols like HTTPS, DNS, TCP/IP
- Code and scripting - proficient in at least one programming language (Python, Go, Ruby)
- Docker and containerization (Linux)
- CI and Build automation - GitLab ideally
- Experience with application performance monitoring tools, centralized logging and alerting systems
- Willing to keep learning new tools and languages
- Passion for automation, simplicity, consistency, security, availability, and scalability of systems
- Strong sense of ownership, drive and an obsessive attention to detail
- PHP applications deployment experience
- Experience with Kubernetes, EKS, ECS
- Experience with a serverless stack (preferably AWS Lambda)
- Good understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases (data modeling, data warehousing)
- Experience working with cloud-based data solutions (e.g., AWS, EC2, EMR, RDS, and Redshift)
For this position we offer gross salary starting from 4000 EUR/month depending on the level of experience, with numerous benefits that add value to the overall monthly compensation.
We have a work-hard, play hard culture at Genius Sports. We have many social events going on throughout the year such as, summer and Christmas parties, team building events, sports tournaments, birthday celebrations. Health insurance coverage, skills training opportunities and many others depending on location are part of our benefits list.
Genius Sports is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognize and celebrate the benefits that a diverse and inclusive workforce bring to our business, our customers and our staff. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other status protected by applicable law).