Genius Sports Group is one of the world’s largest sports technology companies, specializing in the capture, distribution and commercialization of live data, streams and digital content. We work in partnership with the biggest names in sports, betting and media to power a global ecosystem that benefits every stakeholder. Headquartered in London, we have offices in New York, Medellin, Tallinn, Sofia, Vilnius, Lausanne and Singapore, which are home to over 1,400 of our talented employees
GENIUS SPORTS MEDIA
Genius Sports Media believes there’s a better way for sports and brands to connect with fans – using the power of live sports data. We deliver powerful, data-driven content to transform publishers sites, both large and small. But most importantly, we help fans understand the stories behind the stats.
We are looking for a Full-stack Software Engineer who is hungry to learn continuously and take ownership of the tools and products that they work on in accordance to best practices for Agile Software Development, Continuous Delivery and DevOps. We believe that a good engineer demonstrates adaptability and can learn new skills effortlessly if they are motivated by what they do. The Fan Engagement team is responsible for building best-in-class, interactive sports content experiences for publishers and advertisers, leveraging the millions of sports data points we collect and process in the business.
- Analysis of requirements from internal and external customers
- Design and development of new software products and components
- Producing high quality, tested and maintainable code, using the best technologies for the problem at hand
- Investigation and resolution of issues reported by internal and external customers
- Foster and promote best practices on DevOps (IaC, CI/CD, Cloud Computing)
- Solid knowledge of software versioning (Git, Gitlab)
- Solid knowledge of back end technologies (Node, Express, Java)
- Solid knowledge with SQL databases ( Postgres )
- Knowledge of containers ( Docker )
- Understanding of CDN technologies (Akamai, CloudFront)
- Solid fundamentals of system architecture
- Solid CS fundamentals ( data structures and algorithms, resiliency and redundancy )
- Solid Software Engineering skills ( problem solving, software and code architecture, testing )
- Knowledge of Cloud Architecture (AWS / Azure / GCE )
- Knowledge of scripting languages ( e.g. Bash )
- Familiarity with Kubernetes ( Flux, Helm )
- Familiarity with GraphQL
- Familiarity with push-based architectures ( reactive streams, Kafka, RabbitMQ )
We have a work-hard, play hard culture at Genius Sports. We have many social events going on throughout the year such as, summer and Christmas parties, monthly team building events, sports tournaments, birthday celebrations, food vouchers, charity days and wellbeing activities. Health insurance coverage, skills training opportunities and many others depending on location are part of our benefits list.
Genius Sports Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognize and celebrate the benefits that a diverse and inclusive workforce bring to our business, our customers and our staff. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other status protected by applicable law)