A Bit About Us
Genius Sports is the official data, technology and commercial partner that powers the global ecosystem connecting sports, betting and media.
Our mission is to champion a more sustainable sports data ecosystem that benefits all parties - from the rights holder all the way through to the fan.
We are the trusted partner to over 500 sports organisations globally, capturing the highest quality data for many of the world’s largest leagues and federations such as the NFL, NBA, MLB, English Premier League, Serie A, FIBA and the NCAA.
From enabling leagues to take control of their official data, to creating immersive fan experiences for sports, betting and media organisations, we are driven to the deliver the difference for our partners.
What We Do
Data capture, management and analysis tools that help leagues run their sport, unlock new revenue streams, and protect the integrity of their competitions.
Fully automated streaming technology, production and distribution services that help showcase sports to the world.
Everything a sportsbook operator needs to manager their operation and grow profits – all powered by the finest live sports data available.
- Media & Engagement
We help brands and publishers engage and monetise sports fans with personalised campaigns and content they will love.
We are looking for software engineers in a Mid to Senior Level who are hungry to learn continuously and take ownership of the tools and products that they work on in accordance to best practices for Agile Software Development, Continuous Delivery and DevOps. We believe that a good engineer demonstrates adaptability and can learn new skills effortlessly if they are motivated by what they do. The Content Graph team is responsible for aggregating millions of data points in Sport, and providing a robust, scalable GraphQL-based API to support internal and external partners who want to leverage our sports data to build excellent products.
- Analysis of requirements from internal and external customers
- Design and development of new software products and components
- Producing high quality, tested and maintainable code, using the best technologies for the problem at hand
- Investigation and resolution of issues reported by internal and external customers
- Foster and promote best practices on DevOps (IaC, CI/CD, Cloud Computing)
- Solid knowledge in one of the following backend programming language Java or Kotlin or C#
- Solid Knowledge of data structures (array, list, set, map, queue, and stack)
- Solid Knowledge of code structures (conditions, loops, functions, recursion)
- Solid knowledge of software versioning (Git, Gitlab)
- Solid knowledge with SQL databases ( Postgres )
- Knowledge of containers ( Docker )
- Knowledge of Cloud Architecture (AWS / Azure / GCE )
- Knowledge of scripting languages ( e.g. Bash )
- Familiarity with Kubernetes ( Flux, Helm )
- Familiarity with GraphQL
- Familiarity with push-based architectures ( reactive streams, Kafka, RabbitMQ )
As well as a competitive salary and annual leave allowance, our benefits include health insurance, skills training and much more, depending on location. We also offer a host of softer benefits, including many social events throughout the year such as summer and winter holiday parties, monthly team building events, sports tournaments, charity days and wellbeing activities.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we are currently using virtual hiring processes in some locations, so that we can continue hiring great people whilst being mindful of the health of everyone involved in the recruitment process. Please therefore be aware that, among other things, interviews may take place by phone or video, and some new hires may need to be onboarded remotely (e.g. where access to office space is currently restricted). Our Talent Acquisition team will be able to advise of arrangements in relation to specific roles, so please reach out to them with any questions.
Genius Sports Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognize and celebrate the benefits that a diverse and inclusive workforce bring to our business, our customers and our staff. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other status protected by applicable law).