Genius Sports Group is one of the world’s largest sports technology companies, specializing in the capture, distribution and commercialization of live data, streams and digital content. We work in partnership with the biggest names in sports, betting and media to power a global ecosystem that benefits every stakeholder. Headquartered in London, we have offices in New York, Medellin, Tallinn, Sofia, Vilnius, Lausanne and Singapore, which are home to over 1,400 of our talented employees
Genius Sports Group is seeking a highly motivated Manager for the Account Management function covering both our sport and betting activities across US & Canada. This is a pivotal role in ensuring we are structured and operating account management function effectively. Ultimately, this role is responsible for on-boarding new customers efficiently and subsequently servicing them to an excellent standard to achieve maximum revenue growth for the company.
The Account Management team works in close coordination with the regional Sales team, which is tasked to secure agreements with betting operators, as well as sport organizations. The AM team is responsible for supporting the Sales teams, onboarding new customers and growing these relationships over the customer lifecycle. This team engages with many internal stakeholders such as Product Development, Support & Integration, Streaming, Integrity, and Marketing, to name a few.
Given the growth and uniqueness of the US betting market, this role will require a proven experience and deep understanding of the current and future betting landscape.
- Lead Account Management team in US & Canada (with potential to expand to LATAM region), reporting to the Global Account Management Director with a dotted line reporting to Head of Commercial, US & Canada
- Evaluate, formulate and execute key commercial strategies in conjunction with the Global Account Management Director to drive revenue growth across our customer base
- Support Global Account Management Director in evaluating, crafting and executing structural and operations initiatives within the Global Account Management team to maximize efficiency and results among the team, our stakeholders and customers
- Evaluate and develop skills across your reporting team and the wider Global Account management team based on your expertise and domain knowledge
- Manage client accounts, as directed, in US & Canada to ensure customer requirements are understood, demands met and issues dealt with and resolved effectively and promptly
- Use analytical skills to identify and solve complex problems by liaising with the customer and the business development teams to identify upsell opportunities, and with the technical teams in relation to planning releases
- Liaise with trading and support teams to monitor any issues that arise, identifying and escalating important issues as necessary
- Monitor customer performance against SLAs (and addressing underperformers) while reporting findings to the business via internal weekly and monthly KPI reports
- Develop deep understanding of the clients’ organisations and build strong relationships with contacts in their business
- Lead and coach AM team across your region in growing and retaining high value customers
- Identify upsell and cross-sell opportunities with existing customers and ensure the speedy closure of deals
- Responsible for formalising, maintaining and analysing regular client feedback systems and providing meaningful recommendations for improvement to Global AM Director and relevant stakeholders
- Manage long-term relationships with 3rd party business partners and operator/casino customers
- Advise/educate/trouble-shoot for US operators on Risk and general industry insights
- Work in tandem with Sales Team to develop and implement License strategy for packaged data and software products
- Domain knowledge of the betting sector, with specific casino and on-line wagering experience most valued
- Experience in sport business is highly valued but nor mandatory
- 5+ years leading a commercial, operations or service team
- Commercial awareness partnered with strategic mind-set
- English mother tongue, fluency in Spanish a distinct plus
- Comprehensive use of industry-leading info management platforms like Salesforce and Monday.com.
- Outstanding communication and leadership skills
- Committed to excellence
- Demonstrates adaptability in fast-paced environment
- Applies thoughtful approach to all tasks
We have a work-hard, play hard culture at Genius Sports. We have many social events going on throughout the year such as, summer and Christmas parties, monthly team building events, sports tournaments, birthday celebrations, food vouchers, charity days and wellbeing actives. Health insurance coverage, skills training opportunities and many others depending on location are part of our benefits list.
Genius Sports Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognize and celebrate the benefits that a diverse and inclusive workforce bring to our business, our customers and our staff. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other status protected by applicable law)