Genius Sports is a global leader in digital sports content, technology and integrity services. Our technology is used in over 150 countries worldwide, empowering sports to capture, manage and distribute their live data and video, driving their digital transformation and enhancing their relationships with fans. We are the trusted partner to over 500 sports organisations globally, including many of the world’s largest leagues and federations such as the NBA, Premier League, FIBA, NCAA and PGA TOUR.
This Management Accountant role will focus on the transition of finance activities from our current outsourced provider and accountant, including the setup and management of suitable processes, controls and structure to meet the needs of the business. The desired candidate will have experience of operating in management accountant role for a US entity and will be able to demonstrate knowledge of financial controls and processes and stakeholder management.This person will be based in Medellin Colombia.
- Management of the purchasing cycle including entering purchase invoices and expense claims onto accounting software, payment runs and assuring correct authorisation of invoices
- Management and review of weekly expense runs and assuring the correct authorisation has been obtained
- Managing the sales cycle (invoicing through to collection) through partnering with the sales team
- Production of month end TB with commentary and supplementary reports in accordance with group reporting deadlines including detailed variance analysis against budget / forecast
- Monthly reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts including the preparation of detailed supporting schedules
- Production of Month end supporting schedules including monthly travel, staff costs and revenue reporting.
- Processing of payroll through Paychex (bi-weekly) & keeping payroll register up to date through regular meetings with HR
- Annual audit – management of the annual audit process including liaising with auditors and gathering information, producing required reports
- Management of internal stakeholders
- Ensuring necessary submissions are made on time e.g. tax filings
- Dealing with supplier queries/day to day queries
- Assisting with the annual budget process and rolling forecasts as necessary
- Reporting to content suppliers (websites) / 3rd Party suppliers
- Review and enhancement of the financial control environment and processes
- Maintain relationships with financial institutions
- Regular production of cash flow forecasts and funding requests
- Ad-hoc tasks as the role requires
- Qualified with 2+ years post qualification experience
- Experience working for a US entity is a MUST
- The ability to work autonomously to tight deadlines
- Good attention to detail & the ability to demonstrate an understanding of the underlying business
- Strong communication skills
- A level of flexibility is required to deal with the demands of a fast paced global business
- Bonus Points for Workday experience
- Bonus points for Familiarity with a commercial role
We have a work-hard, play hard culture at Genius Sports. We have many social events going on throughout the year such as, summer and Christmas parties, monthly team building events, sports tournaments, birthday celebrations, charity days and well-being actives. Health insurance coverage, IT Training budget and Many other benefits depending on location are part of our benefits list.
Genius Sports Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognize and celebrate the benefits that a diverse and inclusive workforce bring to our business, our customers and our staff. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other status protected by applicable law).