Headquartered in London and with a presence in more than 15 locations worldwide, Genius Sports is recognized as one of the fastest growing sports technology companies in the world.
As a PHP Developer you will work to develop an end to end solution for gathering sports data from various sources and presenting it for end users. It will be used by a large and demanding customer base comprising top level Sporting Associations as well as amateur leagues. Your work will involve the full software development cycle and your main responsibilities will include requirements analysis, designing, developing, deploying and monitoring new software products and components, as well as investigating software issues and resolving defects. Analytical thinking will be required to find the most efficient way to bring highest value to our customers. This vacancy is a perfect match for a person who is passionate about sports, willing to take on challenges and responsibility for new projects, deliver the best quality results and to be an integral part of a focused, agile team.
- Design and develop software that is reliable, scalable and fault tolerant
- Undertake software development using best practices, including Unit Testing, Continuous Integration, DRY, Low Coupling, High Cohesion, use of recognized Design Patterns
- Work independently and within in a team in a dynamic agile environment and workplace
- Communicate, document and share technical knowledge
- Strong knowledge of PHP
- Expertise in database design, data structures and algorithms
- Experience in using open source libraries, tools and frameworks for logging, wiring, testing and building
- Good spoken and written English
- Knowledge of modern PHP frameworks such as Symfony
- Knowledge of NodeJS
- Exposure to AWS technologies such as RDS, S3, Lambdas and ElasticCache
- Understanding of software architecture patterns including SOA and microservices
- Experience with API design and architecture
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery
- Exciting work in a unique industry: great opportunity for self-development in the sports industry
- Opportunity to work on different projects covering many different sports
- A fun, relaxed and stimulating modern working environment in central Vilnius
- Supportive, friendly, multinational, passionate team
For this position we offer gross salary of 2500-4000 EUR/month depending on the level of experience, with numerous benefits that add value to the overall monthly compensation.
Genius Sports is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognize and celebrate the benefits that a diverse and inclusive workforce bring to our business, our customers and our staff. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other status protected by applicable law).