Delivery/ Development Team Lead (Backend) for Video Distribution
Genius Sports provides real time live data for thousands of sports games a month, on behalf of sports federations worldwide to gaming and media partners. You would lead the team responsible for ingressing the video, monitoring it and distributing it. Thousands of live games, requiring real time analysis of the streams coming in in order to supply a stable and excellent service to our customers.
Your knowledge, skills and experience include:
- This is a deep technical role with a broader remit to drive a full team.
- Candidates are expected to be strong developers, knowing at least one in a strongly typed back end language (Node.js, Java or Golang) and one scripting language.
- Enterprise level experience is a requirement
- Video Knowledge is a plus
The Delivery/ Development Team Lead role is responsible for leading their team to timely delivery of product that solve the OKR’s for the quarter and the following:
This will take the shape day to day as:
- Day to day line management of team members
- Ensuring sufficient logging, alerting and monitoring of the system as to meet our SLA compliance
- Surfacing key metrics for OKR reporting
- Technical leadership and mentorship through pair programming, up-skilling team members and fostering an learning environment
- Ensuring successful delivery of sprints
- Ensuring the software that is being developed follows security, development and quality best practices through engaging team practices
- work alongside the operational and support teams to ensure successful content on-boarding, customer on-boarding
- Developing 30% of the time. Ideally not fully committed to stories in sprint, pairing frequently
- The Delivery lead role is responsible for leading their delivery team to timely delivery of product that solve the OKR’s for the quarter
Quarterly planning will take the shape of:
- Understanding business scenarios and implementing solutions to meet Operational and business requirements
- System architecture and documentation in unison with other stake holders like team leads, video engineers and other teams in the business
- Help the team, PO, product manager understand the capabilities of technology, potential problems with different approaches and lead the technical planning
- Working alongside other stakeholders to help define requirements to be captured in stories.
- Drive team planning efforts in quarterly planning
How do we work in practice?
- At Genius, we practice big room planning. You and the team will be given OKR’s business objectives and asked to put a plan together for the next quarter alongside the rest of the Genius Live division. This planning can take the form of several days and can even take the form of a sprint 0
- Not everything can fit, and the business will priorities what goes to the team. You and the team plan, specify, ask questions, define spikes and lay out what work is possible in that quarter.
- A Product Manager provides the priority in terms of business value while the team analyses the requirements and try and give an estimate on how long work will take.
- Team input is highly desired through this stage and the delivery lead is responsible for helping engage the team in the planning process.
- The delivery/ DevelopmentTeam Lead is also responsible for driving the team efforts in deeper analysis of the features that the product manager is asking for. Shallow analysis will lead to a bad plan.
- Once the product manager is happy with the priority of work and the team with what fit into the quarter then a delivery plan is formed.
The delivery plan will consist of a breakdown in 2-week sprints of deliverable that the team felt comfortable committing to. Any operational considerations such as live support and assistance to operational teams will be factored in at this stage as well.
Genius Sports Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognize and celebrate the benefits that a diverse and inclusive workforce bring to our business, our customers and our staff. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other status protected by applicable law).