Genius is searching for a Freelance Weekend Social Editor to create content for our Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram accounts on Thursday evenings to cover new releases (~3 hours) as well as Saturdays and Sundays (expect to work up to 12 hours/weekend). We’re looking for the type of music obsessive who knows there’s a hyphen in Wu-Tang Clan but also knows which way an apostrophe should be facing when referring to 1989 as ’89.
- Coordinating with our weekend news writer
- Writing roughly 30-35 posts on our Facebook page per day
- Writing roughly 30-35 posts on our Twitter account per day
- Writing roughly 15 posts on our Instagram account per day
- Posts would include: Promoting new editorial posts and videos from Genius, scheduling the resocializing of older Genius content, and live coverage of new releases and events like award shows, broadcasts, festivals, etc.
- 1 year experience running a social account
- Attention to detail
- Fluent in the culture of social media
- Deep knowledge in and passion for a wide variety of music genres, particularly pop music and hip-hop
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment
- A Genius account and active participation in the knowledge project (if you don’t already have one, sign up!)
- An active personal social media presence