Genius is looking for an Office & Facilities Coordinator to keep things running smoothly around our Brooklyn Headquarters. We have a fast-paced operation with a variety of facilities needs that include running the reception desk, daily office prep, vendor management, event setup, inter-office moves, and other operational needs. In this role you’ll work in a largely autonomous environment while ensuring that the office is a clean and friendly environment for employees and guests.
You’ll provide outstanding customer service and will support the daily management of the office, vendor relations, and overall building maintenance. In this position, you need a strong ability to think on your feet, prioritize effectively, and work on projects independently. This position calls for a hands-on approach with great problem-solving and communication skills.
Genius is the world's biggest encyclopedia of music. Powered by its community, in-house creative team, and the artists themselves, Genius serves music knowledge to over 100 million people each month on Genius.com and everywhere music fans connect across the internet.
Founded in 2009, Genius began as a platform for annotating rap lyrics. Over the years, it has expanded its mission to include more than hip-hop, and more than just lyrics. Every song has a story that needs to be told, and the biggest names in music—including Frank Ocean, Lorde, and Cardi B—come to Genius to give the world insight into their art.
- Daily assessment of facilities to ensure working order, cleanliness, presentation, and efficiency
- Front desk: greet and direct all guests, including artists, interview candidates, vendors and building contacts
- Facilitate food deliveries (keep kitchen pantry stocked, monitor inventory, manage catered/Seamless lunches)
- Prep the office each morning, including restocking supplies and making coffee
- Receive and distribute mail and packages; process and send all outgoing packages and merchandise orders
- Execute light trade work (patching, painting, replacing light bulbs, hanging various fixtures, etc.)
- Handle ad-hoc requests as needed for internal events, repairs, etc.
- Coordinate with the company’s other administrators to schedule internal meetings and provide back-up coverage as needed
- 2 years of relevant experience
- Excellent communication and people skills; customer service oriented
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Proficiency with Gmail and the Google Apps Suite, Microsoft Office and ability to use a Mac
- Flexible to work evenings/weekends on occasion
- Strong references and the ability to pass a background check
- Comfortable with light space improvement projects such as painting, use of power tools, art-hanging, replacing light bulbs, moving furniture, etc. (you are comfortable lifting up to 50 lbs.)
- Previous forward-facing and/or customer service experience
- Bachelor’s degree