Genius is hiring a Director of Experiential to oversee the ideation and execution of all Genius branded events. This individual will have a passion for music, a strong technical understanding of concert production and deep vendor relationships. This role will be based out of Genius HQ in Brooklyn, NY and will report to the VP of Client Services.
As the premier global database of lyrics and artist-focused content, Genius’s mission is to celebrate More Than The Music—the lyrics, the stories behind the songs, and the creative connections that meaningfully drive culture.
Through our original content, technology, and live & virtual experiences, Genius spotlights the artists who are shaping music culture across every genre and musical discipline, sharing the stories behind their creativity and craft in their own words with over 105M+ people each month on Genius.com and everywhere music fans connect across the internet.
- Responsible for the ideation of unique and engaging IRL executions for Genius Tentpole events and branded events
- Manage the budget process for all experiential concepts in response to client RFPs
- Project management of event and experiential activations including managing timelines, vendor outreach and production coordination
- Source venues and vendors, negotiate rates and contracts, and manage vendor relationships pre, during, and post-production
- Oversee on-site logistics from load-in through strike, including technical coordination, production staff and vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive operational documents including run of show, client presentation decks, staff responsibilities, security, external event communication, floor plans/layouts, emergency plans, etc.
- Produce activations that fulfill both Genius and client goals on time and within budget
- Responsible for all COI and liability conversations as it pertains to branded events on-site and off-site
- Collaborate with Facilities, HR & Legal to ensure that all COVID-19 safety protocols are being met and that the Genius Event space is properly outfitted for all branded event initiatives
- Partner with Facilities to build technical, operational and creative foundations to outfit the Genius Event Space for turn key event opportunities
- Develop and build collaborative relationships with Sales Management, Sales Marketing, Branded Content, Artists Relations, Finance, Legal, and Technology to ensure the highest level of on-going support as it pertains to experiential events
- 5+ years of event production experience (2+ year agency or client-facing experience required)
- 2+ years of management experience - this role is currently an independent role but has the potential to evolve into a management role based on business needs and client demands for 2022
- Strong understanding of resource allocation as it pertains to a 2022 budgeting process
- Ability to be highly adaptable, multitask and work autonomously
- Strong understanding of live concert production, A/V equipment and custom fabrication process
- Client focus with attention to detail, flexibility and accountability for results
- Comfortable working with A-list talent
- Ability to lead internal teams, guide clients and vendors as well as support larger initiatives; team player who has no problem getting into the weeds
- Excellent written and verbal communication with an understanding of client POV - comfortable presenting in person, on zoom and over the phone
- Must have flexibility to work non-traditional hours (nights, weekends)
- Occasional travel required
Genius is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are building an inclusive and multicultural environment, so we encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We're an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.