Genius will be launching a fully remote internship program for the 2021 Summer season. This structured, 8-week program (June 21- August 13) will introduce rising college juniors, seniors and recent graduates to all facets of working for a company like Genius. Each intern will be offered a chance to work closely with different departments throughout the company and will have the opportunity to learn, grow, and experience what it means to work here.
Genius is looking for a Social Media/Editorial intern to work on a variety of projects this summer. If your passion is reporting on and contextualizing music stories in smart and creative ways then this could be the right internship for you.
As the largest global database of lyrics and artist-focused content, Genius’s mission is to celebrate More Than The Music—the lyrics, the stories behind the songs, and the creative connections that meaningfully drive culture.
Through our original content, technology, and live & virtual experiences, Genius spotlights the artists who are shaping music culture across every genre and musical discipline, sharing the stories behind their creativity and craft in their own words with over 105M+ people each month on Genius.com and everywhere music fans connect across the internet.
- Work with the Social and Editorial teams to identify stories that hone in on music knowledge
- Help to contextualize editorial stories and Genius original video for our social audience
- Collaborate with the social team to schedule overnight and weekend content across platforms
- Work efficiently and collaborate with internal Genius team
- Be independent and self-driven
- Enthusiasm for the Genius brand
- Awareness of the current music landscape and trends
- Passion for music knowledge and social media memes
- Strong collaborative and communication skills
- Some familiarity with social media platforms - primarily Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Experience in journalism writing — i.e. school publications, personal blog, etc.
- Attention to detail
** This is a paid internship.
Genius is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are building an inclusive and multicultural environment, so we encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We're an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.