Genius is searching for a Video Producer to facilitate video content production for our Original Series (including Verified, Deconstructed, Open Mic, and more). A fluency in music culture—particularly pop music and hip-hop—is essential.
This is a remote position that will report directly to the Supervising Producer of Original Series.
As the largest global database of lyrics and artist-focused content, Genius’s mission is to celebrate More Than The Music—the lyrics, the stories behind the songs, and the creative connections that meaningfully drive culture.
Through our original content, technology, and live & virtual experiences, Genius spotlights the artists who are shaping music culture across every genre and musical discipline, sharing the stories behind their creativity and craft in their own words with over 105M+ people each month on Genius.com and everywhere music fans connect across the internet.
- Lead production of Verified series from pre-production through post
- Maintain and organize dates, deadlines, and deliverables via a variety of project management software and systems
- Work closely with our in-house Artist Relations department to coordinate shoots with talent, record labels, and other external stakeholders
- Pitch ideas, write scripts, create pre-production documents, and lead pre-production calls
- Manage shoot schedule and post-production calendars for editors
- Provide creative and practical input during all production phases
- Work with Video and Artist Relations teams to streamline existing processes, create new workflows, and improve series
- Contribute to other original series video projects on an as needed basis
- Partner with branded production to produce sponsored episodes on an as needed basis
- Publish videos on an as-needed basis
- Hire and manage freelance editors, directors, and animators on an as needed basis
- 3+ years experience as a video producer, preferably at a media publisher or production agency
- Experience working with artists and talent
- Advanced knowledge of project management tools such as Monday, Airtable, Smartsheet, Basecamp, Jira, Asana, Trello, or similar
- Strong project management skills and an ability to juggle many productions at once
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Passion for finding the most efficient way to produce any video
- Understanding of social media platforms
- A strong connection with Black music and hip-hop culture
Genius is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are building an inclusive and multicultural environment, so we encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We're an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.