Genius is searching for a Social Media Manager to own all of social video. This person will create high-impact content experiences and work as a liaison between our Social, Editorial, and Video teams to edit and leverage existing Genius content for social media.
The ideal candidate can quickly create a compelling piece of content that positions the Genius brand to the forefront of any conversation that our target audience is having on social.
This position requires the ability to manage the brand’s presence across several verticals (music, culture, sports, etc.) and communities on the platform, crafting creative strategies to increase engagement and grow brand love — as well as community management across Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, and Facebook.
As the largest global database of lyrics and artist-focused content, Genius’s mission is to celebrate More Than The Music—the lyrics, the stories behind the songs, and the creative connections that meaningfully drive culture.
Through our original content, technology, and live & virtual experiences, Genius spotlights the artists who are shaping music culture across every genre and musical discipline, sharing the stories behind their creativity and craft in their own words with over 105M+ people each month on Genius.com and everywhere music fans connect across the internet.
- Work within the Social team to flip newsworthy topics into short-form, social-first videos
- Maintain Genius’s social media platforms — primarily Tik Tok, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook
- Ideate new strategies and formats for social videos and original social-first series
- Engage our social audience with impactful creative that strengthens the brand position with users of the platform without compromising brand guidelines or priorities
- Repurpose past Genius videos & IP (intellectual property) for social media sites, new audiences and appropriate O&O platforms
- Assist with the maintenance of a calendar of significant events and anniversaries important to our audience
- Execute the brand response and engagement strategy to cultural events
- Monitor social media for sentiment around the Genius brand, and craft nimble content in response
- Create social video view goals to track our growth across social platforms
- Work on branded content activations that have a social media component
- 4+ years experience in social media, video editing, and/or music journalism
- Strong preference for Premiere Pro or Final Cut
- Deep knowledge in a wide variety of music genres, particularly pop music and hip-hop
- Ability to communicate thoughtfully, expertly, and engagingly across a variety of social platforms
- Passion for finding and telling unique stories about the making of music
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment
- A Genius account and active participation in the knowledge project (if you don’t already have one, sign up!)
Genius is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are building an inclusive and multicultural environment, so we encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We're an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.