The Director of Integrated Marketing will work to elevate Genius's brand awareness and position in the marketplace by creating innovative proactive and reactive solutions across video, social, digital content alignments, and event touchpoints that meet client objectives and drive revenue.
This person will also collaborate with various departments (sales, research, experiential, branded content, video, account management, social, etc.) to best bring-to-life the Genius narrative.
As the largest global database of lyrics and artist-focused content, Genius’s mission is to celebrate More Than The Music—the lyrics, the stories behind the songs, and the creative connections that meaningfully drive culture.
Through our original content, technology, and live & virtual experiences, Genius spotlights the artists who are shaping music culture across every genre and musical discipline, sharing the stories behind their creativity and craft in their own words with over 105M+ people each month on Genius.com and everywhere music fans connect across the internet.
- This person will provide day-to-day management and leadership, with oversight by the VP of Integrated Marketing, for Genius’s pre-sales integrated marketing team
- Assign and manage the workload distribution of RFPs across the marketing team as well as general workload
- Track deliverable timelines and collaborate with senior management across content, branded content, video, social, experiential and digital content, producing solutions to meet clients’ business and brand objectives
- Leverage insights to develop thoughtful integrated marketing proposals with a focus on creative thinking and cost-effective innovations
- Work with the VP of Integrated Marketing to elevate the aesthetic and storytelling power of Genius's brand marketing materials in the marketplace while shifting perception among influential consumers and a growing audience
- Create strategic brand storytelling in partnership with Genius's content departments as it relates to our yearly content calendar, programming slate, and brand sizzle
- Drive the vision for sponsored and custom programs ensuring the brand-led creative, content, promotion and distribution aligns with the agreed upon strategy and client scope
- Effectively build trust and strong relationships with editorial teams and the Sales Organization
- Work with VP of Integrated Marketing to ideate, create and implement effective internal processes and organization
- Proactively ideate around and collaborate with sales staff to create high-profile client-specific presentations
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in integrated marketing, publishing experience preferred
- Ability to handle individual contributor responsibilities in addition to people management
- Demonstrate excellent strength in writing and presenting proposals
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Experience working within music and/or entertainment categories
- Self-starter with an ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and co-exist within a team setting
- Strong knowledge of current digital, social, and mobile advertising platforms and branded content
- Experienced with Keynote, G-Suite, and Adobe Acrobat
Genius is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are building an inclusive and multicultural environment, so we encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We're an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.