Genius is searching for a Media Planning Strategist to support our Sales & Account Management teams across the full advertising sales cycle.
As the largest global database of lyrics and artist-focused content, Genius’s mission is to celebrate More Than The Music—the lyrics, the stories behind the songs, and the creative connections that meaningfully drive culture.
Through our original content, technology, and live & virtual experiences, Genius spotlights the artists who are shaping music culture across every genre and musical discipline, sharing the stories behind their creativity and craft in their own words with over 105M+ people each month on Genius.com and everywhere music fans connect across the internet.
- Support Sales & Account Management with day-to-day ad specs submissions, order management, inventory requests, RFI requests, RFP requests and general inquiries from Direct and Programmatic Sales/clients
- Prepare for and attend internal proposal brainstorms with Sales, Marketing, Account Management, and other internal teams to develop media recommendations
- Build strategic media plans and fill out spec sheets in both Genius and client templates with a strong focus on execution feasibility and client KPIs
- Pull inventory using our inventory management system to accurately forecast availability, in order to determine the impression volumes and product mix for client proposals, consulting with Ad Operations when necessary
- Create comprehensive Spec decks to accompany media plans
- Revise media plans based on client feedback and budget adjustments
- Work closely with Sales and Client Services counterparts, providing regular feedback and communication on clients/campaigns/RFPs and surfacing relevant incremental/upsell opportunities
- Review all IO details to ensure consistency from initial media plan submission and execution feasibility
- Collaborate with post-sales teams on campaign implementation, optimization and IO revisions
- Assist internal teams with reviewing and adjusting the Post Sales process on an as needed basis
- Support VP of Client Services with various administrative tasks that relate to revenue-generating initiatives
- 1+ year of experience in the digital media landscape, preferably at a media publisher
- Experience uploading media plans in Mediaocean Prisma for Sellers
- Advertising Operations experience with Third-Party Ad Serving platforms/Rich Media providers (OAS, DFP/DFA/DART, Atlas, PointRoll, Eyeblaster, Eyewonder, Sizmek, IAS, Double-Verify, MOAT)
- Comfortable juggling multiple tasks; ability to prioritize responsibilities; excellent time management
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under tight deadlines and pressure
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Microsoft PowerPoint / Keynote skills
- Versed in digital and social media programs/extensions
- Willingness to work out of normal business hours, when needed
Genius is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are building an inclusive and multicultural environment, so we encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We're an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.