Genius is hiring a Recruiter to identify, hire, and retain the best possible candidates for a variety of job openings across our 100-person company.
Genius celebrates More Than The Music—the lyrics, the stories behind the songs, and the creative connections that meaningfully drive culture.
We champion curiosity and believe that everyone has music knowledge to share: insights, intel, and musings that make us more informed, engaged music lovers.
Through our original content, technology, and live & virtual experiences, Genius spotlights the artists who are shaping music culture across every genre and musical discipline, sharing the stories behind their creativity and craft in their own words.
With more than 100 million global users, 2 million contributors, and 9 million YouTube subscribers, Genius is the world's biggest music encyclopedia—a destination for artists, creatives, and superfans to discuss and deconstruct all things music.
- Source and develop relationships with passive candidates for job openings across all departments through a combination of high volume email, LinkedIn InMails, and phone calls
- Develop networks of people to support a strong perpetual pipeline of qualified engineering, sales, and media candidates
- Manage full-cycle recruiting by conducting phone screens, ensuring all interviewers submit scorecards, managing offer approval processes, conducting reference checks and offer calls
- Work with hiring managers to identify ideal candidate types and effective sourcing strategies, manage timeline expectations, and build job descriptions and interview plans
- Become a partner and trusted advisor for candidates throughout the hiring process by creating an exceptional candidate experience
- Work with the rest of the recruiting team to review all incoming resumes and manage our ATS (Applicant Tracking System)
- Where necessary, identify and retain external search firms
- 3-4 years of total recruiting experience, including agency or in-house recruiting
- Ideally most recently, 2+ years conducting full lifecycle in-house recruiting
- Experience managing an Applicant Tracking System, preferably Greenhouse
- Familiarity with modern sourcing tools and techniques
- Experience in the music/media or tech/startup industry
- A strong network of talent, particularly in advertising, digital media, and technology
- Insatiable desire to be as efficient and effective as possible in all things!