Genius is searching for an Executive Producer to lead production of Genius Live—a first-to-market, fully interactive livestreaming platform with live concerts and artist events simulcast across the live.genius.com hub, YouTube Live, Instagram Live, and more. On Genius Live, fans have the unprecedented ability to control the show by voting on the setlist and making real-time purchases—including personalized shoutouts—that shape the concert experience and directly support the artists they love.
Genius celebrates More Than The Music—the lyrics, the stories behind the songs, and the creative connections that meaningfully drive culture.
We champion curiosity and believe that everyone has music knowledge to share: insights, intel, and musings that make us more informed, engaged music lovers.
Through our original content, technology, and live & virtual experiences, Genius spotlights the artists who are shaping music culture across every genre and musical discipline, sharing the stories behind their creativity and craft in their own words.
With more than 100 million global users, 2 million contributors, and 9 million YouTube subscribers, Genius is the world's biggest music encyclopedia—a destination for artists, creatives, and superfans to discuss and deconstruct all things music.
- Oversee all aspects of Genius Live production including managing and creating the run of show, collaborating with Artist Relations to book talent, tracking development, etc.
- Manage a live production team of three direct reports, plan and justify staffing and growth
- Partner with video production companies and/or freelancers depending on specific Livestreaming needs
- Work in partnership with the Genius Live Director to ensure quality and consistency of live streamed content
- Maintain calendars and production timelines for all Genius Live shows
- Participate in brainstorms and contribute to marketing pitches on an as needed basis
- Work with sales and marketing teams to ensure deadlines are met across all branded campaigns
- 5+ years experience as a video producer; 2-3 years live stream experience
- 2-3 years of management experience
- Understanding of social media platforms
- Familiarity with project management tools such as Monday, Microsoft Project, Smartsheet, Basecamp, Jira, Asana, Airtable, Trello, or similar
- Ability to manage video finances from budgeting, creation of SOWs, execution, and actualization of final costs
- Experience working with brands/clients at a Digital Media outlet
- Understanding of live video production software such as vMix
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- A strong connection with Black music and hip-hop culture