Genius is looking for a Revenue Analyst to assist with accounting and financial planning & analysis functions. The best candidate will have professional experience in Digital Media, Investment Banking, or Accounting, with a focus on AR and financial modeling. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working on recurring tasks, but will also strive to grow a data-driven environment within the company.
This role will report to our Controller and work remotely for the foreseeable future, but proximity to our Brooklyn office is a plus.
Genius celebrates More Than The Music—the lyrics, the stories behind the songs, and the creative connections that meaningfully drive culture.
We champion curiosity and believe that everyone has music knowledge to share: insights, intel, and musings that make us more informed, engaged music lovers.
Through our original content, technology, and live & virtual experiences, Genius spotlights the artists who are shaping music culture across every genre and musical discipline, sharing the stories behind their creativity and craft in their own words.
With more than 100 million global users, 2 million contributors, and 9 million YouTube subscribers, Genius is the world's biggest music encyclopedia—a destination for artists, creatives, and superfans to discuss and deconstruct all things music.
- Manage the day to day AR/ revenue recognition function: Own AR bookkeeping, enable and analyze collections, and assist our Controller with the month end close
- Business model maintenance: Assist with the improvement and tracking of the business model for the company, updating it with actuals for both financial and non-financial metric results, and adjusting projections as new information comes in
- Revenue forecasting: Develop and maintain weekly revenue analytics, working with our Sales and Data teams to continuously improve accuracy and automate the reporting using existing tools
- Margin analytics: Support the Sales organization with project reporting to ensure we are achieving budgeted margins on revenue generating deals, continuously improve the tracking of our COGS and develop insights into potential efficiencies
- Content Budget Management: Assist content teams with project reporting to enable them to manage their budgets and make strategic decisions based on their performance
- Commissions: Assist Controller with commissions calculations and oversee the commissions review process
- Sales Analytics: Partner with our CRO to develop and maintain recurring Sales analytics focusing on conversion rates, pipeline generation, and individual seller performance
- Ad Hoc analyses in support of the Controller and CFO
- At least 3 years of experience in an Accounting or FP&A function. Prior experience in Digital Media is a plus
- Advanced MS Excel and modeling skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field. CPA or MBA a plus
- Experience operating successfully in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment, and the ability to influence the decisions of senior business leaders through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning, and the presentation of alternatives