Genius is searching for a remote Head of Social Media to lead an accomplished team and help to enhance our voice, using our original editorial and video content, as well social-first content ideas.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced social media professional and/or writer with deep knowledge of online communities and music culture—particularly pop and hip-hop. We are looking for someone who can lead and develop the team as well as help with the day to day.
Genius is the world’s most influential music destination—a platform for fans to extract meaning from the music they love and artists to tell the stories behind their songs.
With more than 100M global users, 2M+ contributors, and billions of views each month across YT, TV, Spotify, Apple Music, TikTok, Snap, and others, active fans everywhere come to Genius to discuss and deconstruct all things music.
Genius’s mission is to celebrate “more than the music”—the lyrics, the stories behind the songs, and the connections that drive culture forward.
- Develop strategy and oversee output of all Genius social media accounts, creating dynamic social content in collaboration with editors and artists
- Manage a team of two direct reports, plan and justify staffing and growth, and achieve social growth metrics
- Collaborate with content and sales stakeholders to create branded and organic content packages while tracking all social monetization
- Drive the creation of new and diverse post types in order to tell editorial stories across various social platforms
- 10 years of experience working in music editorial and social media
- Fluent in the best practices and cultures of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, and other emerging platforms
- Knowledgeable in a wide variety of music genres; a deep understanding of hip-hop and pop music culture are particularly important
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced start-up environment