Genius is searching for enthusiastic and attentive music fans to join our lyrics team as Lyrics Associates. The right candidates are skilled transcribers in their own right and equally skilled at carefully checking the work of others. They’re attentive to detail and process, and never miss a step. This team will play a key role in making Genius’ lyric library the very best, within hours and even minutes of release, reviewing our library of lyrics and helping us build new lyric products.
*Note: This is a part-time, US-based remote role, primarily Thursdays through Sundays.
Genius is the world’s most influential music destination—a platform for fans to extract meaning from the music they love and artists to tell the stories behind their songs.
With more than 100M global users, 2M+ contributors, and billions of views each month across YT, TV, Spotify, Apple Music, TikTok, Snap, and others, active fans everywhere come to Genius to discuss and deconstruct all things music.
Genius’s mission is to celebrate “more than the music”—the lyrics, the stories behind the songs, and the connections that drive culture forward.
- Provide complete and accurate transcription and sync of new releases
- Review and edit community transcriptions for accuracy and completeness
- Match new release transcriptions to Apple Music database
- Collaborate with Community and Tech teams to improve overall transcription processes and capabilities, including sync
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Comfort with spreadsheets
- Active participation in the Genius Knowledge Project and Transcriber community strongly preferred but not required
- Fluency in a foreign language or regional languages, especially patois, is a plus
- Professional transcription experience highly regarded
- Age 18+