Genius is hiring a President that will drive the long-term vision and success of the company.
Genius celebrates More Than The Music—the lyrics, the stories behind the songs, and the creative connections that meaningfully drive culture.
We champion curiosity and believe that everyone has music knowledge to share: insights, intel, and musings that make us more informed, engaged music lovers.
Through our original content, technology, and live & virtual experiences, Genius spotlights the artists who are shaping music culture across every genre and musical discipline, sharing the stories behind their creativity and craft in their own words.
With more than 100 million global users, 2 million contributors, and 9 million YouTube subscribers, Genius is the world's biggest music encyclopedia—a destination for artists, creatives, and superfans to discuss and deconstruct all things music.
Reporting to the CEO, the President will:
- Manage the revenue, business development, content, and B2B/B2C marketing functions
- Own the overall Genius content and sales strategies
- Define and hit company-wide revenue and audience goals in partnership with the CEO
- Be the main external representative for Genius by acting as the chief storyteller in the press and speaking engagements and as the primary representative to our consumers and clients
- Regularly present and defend Genius strategy to our board members and investors
- 10+ years experience managing a media division and generating revenue
- Proven ability to hire, develop, and manage a high performing and diverse leadership team
- Experience managing multiple functions in a fast paced environment
- Proven track record owning content-based revenue at a major brand
- Experience developing, setting and executing on a content / sales strategy for multiple digital platforms
- A strong connection with Black music and hip-hop culture
- Strong understanding of today’s media landscape and music industry deal structures, with clear ideas on where it’s headed