Genius is looking for our first Senior Integrated Marketing Designer to conceptualize and create visual expressions for Genius’s marketing materials, including graphic and motion work across a variety of mediums.
Reporting to the VP of Marketing and working closely with the Head of Design, this person will develop innovative and brand-defining experiential, presentation materials and all other assets, collateral, and brand extensions. The ideal candidate will have an obsession with creative excellence and innovation, and a genuine desire to seek unique and surprising ways to build a passionate fan base for Genius.
Genius is the world's biggest encyclopedia of music. Powered by its community, in-house creative team, and the artists themselves, Genius serves music knowledge to over 100 million people each month on Genius.com and everywhere music fans connect across the internet.
Founded in 2009, Genius began as a platform for annotating rap lyrics. Over the years, it has expanded its mission to include more than hip-hop, and more than just lyrics. Every song has a story that needs to be told, and the biggest names in music—including Travis Scott, Billie Eilish, and Ariana Grande—come to Genius to give the world insight into their art.
- Own all sales materials design including campaign calendars, RFP template, mocks template (Instagram Stories, Instagram, IGTV, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok), video franchises one-sheets, wrap deck template, media kit, and more
- Lead responsibility to conceptualize, design and implement business style guides as it relates to marketing materials
- Develop and maintenance of intranet as it pertains to marketing collateral and pre-sales microsite, video reels, brand general presentation, merchandising and premiums for sales team, etc.
- Develop dynamic creative mocks for larger editorial initiatives and company tentpoles – from tight presentations that include mood boards, title design, color palette and well-researched design reference through execution of all components and assets needed to maximize success
- Play an integral role in the development and execution of the marketing/sales style guide for a fully deliberated, purposeful, and memorable new brand identity
- Work in lockstep with the product team to create dynamic elevated mocks to support tentpoles, major franchises and key editorial / brand “moments”
- Conceptualize and execute motion work, including packages for video series to custom social video to gifs and any other animated needs
- Support sales marketing department through preparation of proposal at all times of high demand
- Create a formidable asset library that can be uniquely Genius
- Minimum 6+ years of multi-platform design experience
- Strong in typography design
- Strong layout and visual skills
- Extremely organized and able to prioritize and multitask
- Strong conceptual and presentation skills – be able to stand behind your work and your design choices while being flexible to pivot direction when needed
- Excitement around the Genius brand and its potential; as well as a passion for music and the lifestyle that surrounds it
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sketch, and Keynote, PowerPoint, and basic web knowledge