Genius is hiring a Vice President of Finance to oversee all day-to-day financial operations and FP&A to build the team, processes, and systems that are required to support the next stage of Genius’s growth.
This role will report directly to our CFO and will work with her closely.
This role is ideal for someone with a strong background in accounting looking to take on additional FP&A responsibilities with the potential for future growth within the department.
Genius is the world's biggest encyclopedia of music. Powered by its community, in-house creative team, and the artists themselves, Genius serves music knowledge to over 100 million people each month on Genius.com and everywhere music fans connect across the internet.
Founded in 2009, Genius began as a platform for annotating rap lyrics. Over the years, it has expanded its mission to include more than hip-hop, and more than just lyrics. Every song has a story that needs to be told, and the biggest names in music—including Travis Scott, Billie Eilish, and Ariana Grande—come to Genius to give the world insight into their art.
- Oversee the accounting team that manages day-to-day financial operations of the company, including: AR, AP, commissions, departmental budgets, revenue recognition, month end closes, and royalty administration
- Perform FP&A modeling, including forecasting revenue, COGS, and OPEX
- Analyze and interpret historical financial information in order to evaluate operating effectiveness and results against budget, forecast, and other key metrics
- Manage the company budget, strategic plans, annual operating plans, business analyses, balance sheet management, and performance benchmarks
- Analyze and approve all Genius brand deals
- Manage debt draw strategy and covenant compliance
- Manage tax filings, annual corporate insurance renewals
- Review vendor contracts (new and renewal) for finance / payment terms
- 7+ years of progressive finance experience and/or FP&A; 3+ years of management experience
- Ideal candidate will have experience in high growth media and advertising business; experience with royalties is a plus
- Experience developing and implementing financial management and budget control systems
- Deal structuring and contract negotiations experience
- Experience developing dashboards and key metrics to track the business and inform strategy
- Proven ability to motivate, develop and manage a high performing team
- Excitement for working in a high-growth, high-change environment with varying levels of ambiguity and change
- BS/BA in accounting, finance or business administration; MBA and/or CPA is a plus