Genius is looking for our first Regional Vice President of Sales on the West Coast that will be responsible for leading and overseeing our LA-based sales team.
Genius is the world's biggest encyclopedia of music. Powered by its community, in-house creative team, and the artists themselves, Genius serves music knowledge to over 100 million people each month on Genius.com and everywhere music fans connect across the internet.
Founded in 2009, Genius began as a platform for annotating rap lyrics. Over the years, it has expanded its mission to include more than hip-hop, and more than just lyrics. Every song has a story that needs to be told, and the biggest names in music—including Frank Ocean, Lorde, and Cardi B—come to Genius to give the world insight into their art.
- Manage and mentor a west coast sales team comprised of 3-4 Account Directors
- Meet/exceed revenue goals on quarterly and annual targets
- Utilize full suite of product offerings to close business (digital, mobile, video, branded content and experiential events)
- Manage current client and agency relationships and build new relationships with prospective clients
- Ensure Account Directors are submitting stellar marketing presentations that resonate equally with partner and audience demands
- Support CRO in researching trends and innovative ad products and bring market-leading solutions into the conversation
- Keep abreast of forthcoming marketing and editorial developments and special promotions to communicate with advertiser base
- Prepare weekly sales pipeline reports
- 8+ years of media sales experience meeting and/or exceeding quotas
- 3+ years of sales management experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Exceptional client relationship and communication skills
- Ability to work cross departmentally to ensure the success of client programs
- “Win-Win” attitude with a hunger to meet and exceed goals
- Desire to work in fast-paced and deadline driven environment
- Occasional travel required