Genius is searching for an Account Manager who will be responsible for building media plans and executing online advertising campaigns. Our ideal candidate knows the intricacies of both the pre and post sale world and is passionate about collaboration, online advertising, music, and the Genius knowledge project.
This role will be based out of Genius HQ in Brooklyn, NY.
Genius is the world's biggest encyclopedia of music. Powered by its community, in-house creative team, and the artists themselves, Genius serves music knowledge to over 100 million people each month on Genius.com and everywhere music fans connect across the internet.
Founded in 2009, Genius began as a platform for annotating rap lyrics. Over the years, it has expanded its mission to include more than hip-hop, and more than just lyrics. Every song has a story that needs to be told, and the biggest names in music—including Frank Ocean, Lorde, and Cardi B—come to Genius to give the world insight into their art.
- Prepare comprehensive strategic media plans, cost estimates and contracts for various brands while adhering to budgets, client KPIs and eCPM goals
- Responsible for accurately pulling inventory projections for all presale initiatives
- Build and generate IOs with client media planning tools such as Mediaocean, Atlas, Prisma, etc.
- Advise clients and internal teams on Genius’s best practices and capabilities throughout the entire pre and post sale process
- Organize and lead all elements of the campaign launch process: internal/external kick-off calls, asset collection, trafficking coordination with Ad Operations, distribution discussions with paid social and custom content executions
- Monitor campaign pacing to ensure full delivery of all advertiser campaigns
- Manage and optimize digital campaigns via 3rd party billing numbers against KPIs outlined by sales/agency including but not limited to conversions, CTR, view ability, CPC
- Working closely with Client Services head to help ideate and streamline new processes for execution
- Provide insightful reports and recap decks regarding campaign performance from a digital, video, verification, and content perspective
- 3+ Years experience in the digital media landscape, preferably with publisher or agency experience
- Comfortable juggling multiple tasks; ability to prioritize responsibilities; excellent time management
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under tight deadlines and pressure
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Microsoft PowerPoint / Keynote skills
- Versed in digital and social media programs/extensions
- Experience uploading media plans in Mediaocean Prisma for Seller
- Advertising Operations experience with Third Party Ad Serving platforms/Rich Media providers (OAS, DFP/DFA/DART, Atlas, PointRoll, Eyeblaster, Eyewonder, Sizmek, IAS, Double-Verify, MOAT)
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent customer service skills are a must
- Willingness to work out of normal business hours, when necessary