Genius is searching for an Account Director that will be responsible for selling a mix of premium video, events, and media on Genius.com – and driving the long-term vision and success of Genius monetization.
*Note: This is a remote position reporting to our VP of West Coast Sales.
Genius is the world's biggest encyclopedia of music. Powered by its community, in-house creative team, and the artists themselves, Genius serves music knowledge to over 100 million people each month on Genius.com and everywhere music fans connect across the internet.
Founded in 2009, Genius began as a platform for annotating rap lyrics. Over the years, it has expanded its mission to include more than hip-hop, and more than just lyrics. Every song has a story that needs to be told, and the biggest names in music—including Travis Scott, Billie Eilish, and Ariana Grande—come to Genius to give the world insight into their art.
- Meet or exceed revenue goals on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis across digital, mobile, video, branded content and experiential events
- Build new and existing account relationships while prospecting and developing new accounts
- Act as a liaison between Genius and advertiser on all brand advertising programs including branded content, advertorials, talent alignment, tech, events, social and mobile
- Gather market and advertiser information through competitive magazines, websites as well as trade journals
- Keep abreast of forthcoming marketing and editorial developments and special promotions to communicate with the advertiser base
- Prepare weekly sales pipeline reports
- 5+ years of media sales experience meeting and/or exceeding quotas
- Bachelor’s degree
- Exceptional client relationship and communication skills
- Ability to work cross departmentally to ensure the success of client programs
- “Win-Win” attitude with a hunger to meet and exceed goals
- Desire to work in fast-paced and deadline driven environment
- Established client relationships within the PNW/SF regions (emphasis on Tech & Footwear verticals)
- Strong Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Keynote skillset