Genius is looking for an Office Manager to manage and maximize our physical space and all day to day office operations here at Genius HQ. That means ensuring our space is safe, functional, secure, efficient, hospitable, and aesthetically pleasing for all Genius employees, and also owning office culture. It also means managing our commercial leases and subleases, allocating workspace to employees, and ensuring we use Genius office space to further our company goals.
Genius is the world's biggest encyclopedia of music. Powered by its community, in-house creative team, and the artists themselves, Genius serves music knowledge to over 100 million people each month on Genius.com and everywhere music fans connect across the internet.
Founded in 2009, Genius began as a platform for annotating rap lyrics. Over the years, it has expanded its mission to include more than hip-hop, and more than just lyrics. Every song has a story that needs to be told, and the biggest names in music—including Travis Scott, Billie Eilish, and Ariana Grande—come to Genius to give the world insight into their art.
- Oversee the day to day operations of our unique and beautiful office space, managing a team of 3 (facilities coordinator, front desk administrative assistant / associate, IT specialist) and cleaning contractors. This will include:
- White glove service, ensuring that all office space (including conference rooms, offices, reception area, event space, etc.) is clean, properly equipped, and reset daily for use
- Responding in a timely fashion to all employee office requests (standing desks, additional IT equipment, plants, etc.)
- Ensuring full coverage of the front desk and all office functions
- All supply ordering, including snacks, office and IT equipment, cleaning supplies, furniture, etc.
- Management of scheduling and administrative support for c-suite
- Management of incoming and outgoing mail
- Ensure smooth office onboarding for all new employees
- Working with HR, schedule and execute all internal cultural events, including quarterly full company events (including the holiday party), monthly breakfasts, weekly treat times, summer happy hours, etc.
- Manage the office operating budget
- Manage relationships and opportunities with current and prospective tenants, including sourcing and recommending new tenant opportunities
- Available for off-hours office issues as needed: desk moves, event coverage, etc.
- 3-5 years of office management experience; preferably in a startup / fast-paced environment
- Customer service oriented
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Highly collaborative and adept at working with multiple stakeholders
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, self-directed environment
- Experience managing a team and reporting directly to C-level executives
- Vendor and contractor management experience
- Property management experience preferred