Genius is looking for a full-time Visual Designer in our New York office to help develop every facet of the Genius identity, including brand sales, marketing, video, editorial, social, and experiential content across platforms.
We need a talented, versatile designer with a thorough awareness of design trends ready to explore new approaches to content and advertising at one of the fastest growing brands in music.
Powered by its community, in-house creative team, and the artists themselves, Genius serves music knowledge to over 100 million people each month on Genius.com and everywhere music fans connect across the internet.
Founded in 2009, Genius began as a platform for annotating rap lyrics. Over the years, it has expanded its mission to include more than hip-hop, and more than just lyrics. Every song has a story that needs to be told, and the biggest names in music—including Travis Scott, Billie Eilish, and Ariana Grande —come to Genius to give the world insight into their art.
- Provide high-quality design solutions with quick turnaround times for content, experiential, marketing, sales, business development, tech, and operations projects, communicating with those teams to understand their goals
- Collaborate with the Design team and other departments to lead projects from ideation through to completion
- Design mockups of Genius web products and high-impact ad units, improving and iterating on existing presentations and templates as needed
- 4-6 years professional design experience at a digital publisher or media / advertising agency
- Experience with Adobe suite, Sketch, Keynote (and / or Powerpoint), Essential Graphics, and interactive prototyping preferred
- Attention to detail; precise and responsive to feedback
- Experience with designing digital products, visual systems, and brand integrations
- Self-guided and confident in taking the lead on a design direction
- Experience building and designing decks for client pitches
- Familiarity with the agency landscape; knowing what brands want to see and how to best pitch our ideas
- Strong ability to hit deadlines and work independently on projects with some external design guidance
- Motion graphics experience is a plus