Genius is searching for a Bilingual Spanish Speaking Video Shooter/Editor to join our Original Series team. A fluency in music culture—particularly pop music and hip-hop—is essential.
Genius is the world's biggest encyclopedia of music. Powered by its community, in-house creative team, and the artists themselves, Genius serves music knowledge to over 100 million people each month on Genius.com and everywhere music fans connect across the internet.
Founded in 2009, Genius began as a platform for annotating rap lyrics. Over the years, it has expanded its mission to include more than hip-hop, and more than just lyrics. Every song has a story that needs to be told, and the biggest names in music—including Travis Scott, Billie Eilish, and Ariana Grande—come to Genius to give the world insight into their art.
- Shooting and editing branded projects and original series including Verified, For The Record, Deconstructed, and The Cosign
- Pitching and piloting new video and franchise ideas
- Collaborating with video + content team to improve existing series
- 3+ years experience in video shooting and editing
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Spanish required
- Passion for editorially-driven, non-fiction filmmaking
- Diverse visual style with strong sense of composition
- Ability to quickly learn new production tools and news shooting styles
- Understanding of Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
- Audio recording and mixing a plus