Genius is looking for a Facilities Project Manager to oversee the coordination and completion of construction, renovation and maintenance projects throughout the facilities. You will be in charge of managing vendors, budgets, timelines and scope, without major disruption to the office at large. In addition, this person will assist with repairs around the office. This role will report to the Head of Operations and is ideal for someone with hands-on experience and a strong familiarity with mechanical systems.
Genius is the world's biggest encyclopedia of music. Powered by its community, in-house creative team, and the artists themselves, Genius serves music knowledge to over 100 million people each month on Genius.com and everywhere music fans connect across the internet.
Founded in 2009, Genius began as a platform for annotating rap lyrics. Over the years, it has expanded its mission to include more than hip-hop, and more than just lyrics. Every song has a story that needs to be told, and the biggest names in music—including Travis Scott, Billie Eilish, and Ariana Grande—come to Genius to give the world insight into their art.
- Oversee the design, construction and renovation of capital projects in the building, which will include:
- Manage the planning and allocation of resources to ensure project completion within timelines, contract specifications and budget
- Coordinate with contractors, end-users, and any other relevant departments to ensure optimal operations are maintained during construction
- Meet deadlines and ensuring that work conforms to design and operational standards and requirements
- Prepare, monitor and update construction schedules and project cost reports
- Ensure that all facilities (electrical, HVAC, plumbing, infrastructure, etc.) are in optimal working condition on a daily basis, and either directly repair or facilitate the repair or replacement of systems when necessary
- Maintain and negotiate 3rd party facility vendor contracts
- Recommend and advocate for proactive maintenance to ensure that our facilities are able to scale appropriately with company growth plans
- Manage security personnel ensuring guards are on time, properly certified and have the correct access to all necessary systems
- Assist in ad hoc facilities work as required
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience in Project or Construction Management. Hands on construction / repair experience highly preferred
- Knowledge of construction building trades and basic construction materials and methods, as well as knowledge of mechanical systems, safety procedures and controls is desired
- Understand the basic business practices of the design and construction process, and be familiar with standard regulatory and compliance requirements
- Proven ability to manage external design consultants and construction management teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be proactive with the ability to recognize potential project impediments