Genius is looking for an Android Engineer to architect and implement new features on our app. We’re looking for makers with a sophisticated code sense: folks who’ve built cool things, but who can also maintain and scale those things, and who feel at home deep in the guts of a library.
The best candidates will have professional experience on an Android app serving a large volume of users, will be proficient with Kotlin and Java, and have some experience with the core technologies we use (Data Binding, Realm, Retrofit).
Genius is the world's biggest encyclopedia of music. Powered by its community, in-house creative team, and the artists themselves, Genius serves music knowledge to over 100 million people each month on Genius.com and everywhere music fans connect across the internet.
Founded in 2009, Genius began as a platform for annotating rap lyrics. Over the years, it has expanded its mission to include more than hip-hop, and more than just lyrics. Every song has a story that needs to be told, and the biggest names in music—including Travis Scott, Billie Eilish, and Ariana Grande—come to Genius to give the world insight into their art.
- Build and maintain application features, working with core libraries and frameworks including Realm, Data Binding, and Retrofit
- Create reliable, crash-free releases on a repeatable and regular schedule
- Work closely with the full stack team to build features based on our API, and to plan for future API improvements
- Work closely with the product team to define feature specifications and craft unique & beautiful user experiences
- At least 2 years professional Android development experience
- Proficiency with Java and Kotlin
- Knowledge of, and passion for mobile app best practices
- Have personally published or worked on at least one application on the Google Play Store