Genius is looking for a Head of Design to lead design at Genius—including brand and sales marketing, and video, editorial, social, and experiential content across platforms. We want a creative and strategic thinker to set a vision for how design can position Genius as a leader in music and media.
Genius is the world's biggest encyclopedia of music. Powered by its community, in-house creative team, and the artists themselves, Genius serves music knowledge to over 100 million people each month on Genius.com and everywhere music fans connect across the internet.
Founded in 2009, Genius began as a platform for annotating rap lyrics. Over the years, it has expanded its mission to include more than hip-hop, and more than just lyrics. Every song has a story that needs to be told, and the biggest names in music—including Frank Ocean, Lorde, and Cardi B—come to Genius to give the world insight into their art.
- Develop, oversee, and execute Design strategy at Genius
- Lead and manage a team of 4+ creatives to build best-in-class products in a fast-paced and demanding, sales-driven revenue organization
- Manage ideation, execution and delivery of Design needs for sales, marketing, content, and product teams, ensuring quality and alignment with Genius mission and internal and client objectives
- Collaborate with senior leadership across departments to build and improve project management systems and communication among teams
- Collaborate with Director of Content and Chief Content Officer on overall Design strategy and execution
- 8+ years experience in design, creative direction, events, marketing and branded content
- 3+ years management experience managing both projects and people
- Expertise with Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, AE and Sketch
- Exceptional portfolio demonstrating relevant experience
- Experience working with clients and brands and leading creative teams to create successful and culturally relevant content
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- Strong grasp of brand and content strategy
- An eagerness to collaborate across disciplines with team members at all levels
- Deep knowledge and interest in music, digital media, social media and technology
- Experience in media or at a tech start-up is a plus