Genius is hiring a Director of Ad Operations to oversee trafficking, delivery and billing operations. This role will be based out of Genius HQ in Brooklyn, NY.
Genius is the world's biggest encyclopedia of music. Powered by its community, in-house creative team, and the artists themselves, Genius serves music knowledge to over 100 million people each month on Genius.com and everywhere music fans connect across the internet.
Founded in 2009, Genius began as a platform for annotating rap lyrics. Over the years, it has expanded its mission to include more than hip-hop, and more than just lyrics. Every song has a story that needs to be told, and the biggest names in music—including Frank Ocean, Lorde, and Lin-Manuel Miranda—come to Genius to give the world insight into their art.
- Lead, develop and implement Ad Operations processes, systems and best practices for both in-house and outsourced teams
- Manage, train and develop all in-house and outsourced Ad Operations teams with a strong focus on motivating and retaining talent
- Ensure flawless execution of trafficking, delivery, reporting, billing, and overall campaign management
- Responsible for trafficking, managing and optimizing complex 360 campaigns
- Serve as the main point of escalation for any Ad Operation functions or issues, primarily for the Sales and Client Service teams
- Provide sales & agency facing traffic support for all aspects of the ad serving process - tagging, 3rd party tagging, data collection, etc.
- Work with Design and Tech on ad product development and testing
- Drive ad product strategy with a focus on viewability and site tagging
- Manage all Ad Operations vendor relationships - this includes communicating platform capabilities and limitations to internal stakeholders, assessing our current vendor relationships and much more
- Work closely with the Director of Programmatic to ensure proper implementation of all PG & PMP deals
- Oversee monthly billing and reconciliation process for all Direct and Programmatic/RTB deals
- 5 + Years of Ad Operations experience
- 2 + Years of Management experience
- Expert in Google Ad Manager 360 and Google Analytics
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the YouTube Partner Cross-Sell Program including, execution limitations and guidelines
- Experience working with vendors such as:
- Nielsen Marketing Cloud
- Millward Brown
- IAS, DV, MOAT, DCM, Sizmek, Krux, Placed
- Strong knowledge of Ad Industry trends
- Comfortable communicating and presenting to clients, and Upper Management
- Comfortable juggling multiple tasks; ability to prioritize responsibilities; excellent time management; ability to work under tight deadlines and under pressure
- Teamwork, interpersonal skills, excellent written/verbal communication skills, and customer service attitude is a must
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours, when necessary
- Ability to investigate, analyze, problem solve, and clearly communicate results with internal teams