Genius is hiring a Paid Social Specialist to manage and oversee all branded social initiatives. The ideal candidate is a platform expert and is highly focused on optimization and overall campaign delivery.
This role will be based out of Genius HQ in Brooklyn, NY.
Genius is the world's biggest encyclopedia of music. Powered by its community, in-house creative team, and the artists themselves, Genius serves music knowledge to over 100 million people each month on Genius.com and everywhere music fans connect across the internet.
Founded in 2009, Genius began as a platform for annotating rap lyrics. Over the years, it has expanded its mission to include more than hip-hop, and more than just lyrics. Every song has a story that needs to be told, and the biggest names in music—including Frank Ocean, Lorde, and Lin-Manuel Miranda—come to Genius to give the world insight into their art.
- Manage and execute all paid distribution of written & video branded content across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat and YouTube
- Monitor and optimize paid social campaigns through A/B testing to ensure efficient and effective buying tactics
- Develop key social audience segments to increase social performance against clients KPIs
- Standardize reporting templates and requests specific to each social platform
- Complete all billing requests including performance metrics and overall campaign insights
- Provide community management of all branded content efforts
- Work with Account Management and editorial to formulate social execution best practices
- Work closely with Edit to streamline processes and workflows of all advertiser social deliverables
- Ideate social first products that can be used for future marketing initiatives
- Communicate individual platform capabilities and limitations to internal stakeholders and clients
- Build and maintain vendor relationships with the social platforms to be at the forefront of industry trends
- 3+ years of experience buying social media
- Strong experience working in Business Manager and Twitter Analytics
- Ability to develop process and analyze insight reports
- Must demonstrate customer service aptitude with both internal and external contacts
- Comfortable juggling multiple tasks; ability to prioritize responsibilities; excellent time management; ability to work under tight deadlines and under pressure
- Teamwork, interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, and customer service attitude is a must
- Willingness to work out of normal business hours, when necessary