Genius is searching for a Branded Content Producer to facilitate video content production. A fluency in music culture—particularly pop music and hip-hop—is essential.
Genius is the world's biggest encyclopedia of music. Powered by its community, in-house creative team, and the artists themselves, Genius serves music knowledge to over 100 million people each month on Genius.com and everywhere music fans connect across the internet.
Founded in 2009, Genius began as a platform for annotating rap lyrics. Over the years, it has expanded its mission to include more than hip-hop, and more than just lyrics. Every song has a story that needs to be told, and the biggest names in music—including Frank Ocean, Lorde, and Cardi B—come to Genius to give the world insight into their art.
- Oversee all stages of branded video production including creating scopes and estimates, presenting to clients, maintaining budgets, creating pre-production decks, writing shot-lists, managing post-production, and tracking actual costs
- Participate in brainstorms and contribute to marketing pitches
- Work with sales and marketing teams to ensure deadlines are met across all campaigns
- Work with video team to ensure quality and consistency of branded video content
- Maintain calendars for all Genius branded content videos
- Publish all branded content videos
- Partner with video production companies and/or freelancers depending on specific campaign needs
- 2+ years experience as a video producer
- Experience working with brands/clients at a Digital Media outlet
- Understanding of social media platforms
- Understanding of project management tools such as Microsoft Project, Smartsheet, Basecamp, Jira, Asana, Airtable, Trello, or similar
- Ability to manage branded video finances from budgeting, creation of SOWs, execution, and actualization of final costs
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Passion for finding the most efficient way to produce any video concept