Genius is hiring a Technical Account Manager to further enhance our successful and growing programmatic advertising business. Our ideal candidate is an independent strategic thinker who understands the pre and post technical side of programmatic buying, but also enjoys being client facing.
This role will be based out of Genius HQ in Brooklyn, NY.
Genius is the world's biggest encyclopedia of music. Powered by its community, in-house creative team, and the artists themselves, Genius serves music knowledge to over 100 million people each month on Genius.com and everywhere music fans connect across the internet.
Founded in 2009, Genius began as a platform for annotating rap lyrics. Over the years, it has expanded its mission to include more than hip-hop, and more than just lyrics. Every song has a story that needs to be told, and the biggest names in music—including Frank Ocean, Lorde, and Cardi B—come to Genius to give the world insight into their art.
- Develop, implement and manage all facets of the programmatic execution process from start to finish - this includes PMP and PG setup, trafficking, troubleshooting, analysis, pacing, reporting and billing
- Provide best in class customer service and end-to-end support to our programmatic partners by defining root causes for customer successes and failures
- Form strong client relationships with proactive, thoughtful, and poised communication and convey feedback internally
- Act as consultant to the Sales Team by assisting them in identifying new brands and agencies for programmatic deals
- Proactively up-sell additional strategies and ideas
- Identify customer key performance metrics, goals and optimization tactics to achieve success
- Manage inventory and floor configurations across ad exchanges
- Partner with Ad Ops and SSP’s to troubleshoot technical issues with external partners i.e. DSPs
- 3-5 years of programmatic technical account management experience with a Publisher or DSP
- Understanding of online ad serving concepts (CPM/CPA/RTB/ROI), video, mobile, RTB, programmatic buying
- Familiarity with programmatic and DSP platforms
- Ability to troubleshoot with DSPs and trading desks and drive resolution from ad calls and responses
- Knowledge of key industry partners for fraud and viewability
- Strong technical written and verbal skills with the ability to convey technical concepts in a way that is easy for clients, internal teams and non-technical partners to understand
- Motivated self-starter, with solid customer service experience and a consultative mindset
- Ability to work independently within a close-knit team and also instinctively share product insights and document new information
- BA / BS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience negotiating with 3rd parties and reading contracts