Genius is looking for a temporary HR Associate to work from approximately mid-January to mid-June. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented and have basic knowledge of human resources. Since this position is part of a small team, this is a good opportunity for someone to develop a good understanding of all aspects of the human resources function.
Genius is the world's biggest encyclopedia of music. Powered by its community, in-house creative team, and the artists themselves, Genius serves music knowledge to over 100 million people each month on Genius.com and everywhere music fans connect across the internet.
Founded in 2009, Genius began as a platform for annotating rap lyrics. Over the years, it has expanded its mission to include more than hip-hop, and more than just lyrics. Every song has a story that needs to be told, and the biggest names in music—including Frank Ocean, Lorde, and Cardi B—come to Genius to give the world insight into their art.
- Assist the Head of People with day to day functions
- Manage the new hires process by creating the offer paperwork and coordinating new employee onboarding
- Complete background checks, NY State payday forms, and I9 paperwork
- Track headcount, compensation, and other HR metrics
- Manage payroll by coordinating timesheets for hourly employees and managing leave
- Act as the point person for employee questions about benefits, 401k program, payroll and other HR functions
- Help coordinate the Genius summer internship program
- Assist with performance reviews, employee surveys, training, and larger talent development initiatives
- Help with freelance contracts, recruiting, and other functions as needed
- 1-2 years of human resources experience and knowledge of basic human resources functions preferred
- Capable of handling confidential information with discretion and sensitivity
- Self-motivated, good time-management skills, able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Detailed and process oriented
- Strong written and verbal communication skills