Genius is looking for an iOS Engineer to architect and implement new features on iOS. We’re looking for makers with a sophisticated code sense: folks who’ve built cool things, but who can also maintain and scale those things, and who feel at home deep in the guts of a library.
The best candidates will have professional experience on an iOS app serving a large volume of users, will be proficient with Objective C and Swift, and have some experience with the core technologies we use (Auto Layout, AVKit, and Realm).
Genius is the world's biggest encyclopedia of music. Powered by its community, in-house creative team, and the artists themselves, Genius serves music knowledge to over 100 million people each month on Genius.com and everywhere music fans connect across the internet.
Founded in 2009, Genius began as a platform for annotating rap lyrics. Over the years, it has expanded its mission to include more than hip-hop, and more than just lyrics. Every song has a story that needs to be told, and the biggest names in music—including Frank Ocean, Lorde, and Cardi B—come to Genius to give the world insight into their art.
- Build and maintain Genius’s iOS application features while working with core libraries and frameworks including Auto Layout, AVKit, and Realm
- Create reliable, crash-free releases on a repeatable and regular schedule
- Work closely with the full stack team to build features based on our API, and to plan for future API improvements
- Work closely with other engineers to define feature specifications and craft unique & beautiful user experiences
- At least 3 years professional iOS development experience
- Proficiency with Objective C, Swift
- Knowledge of, and passion for mobile app best practices
- Have personally published or worked on at least one application on iOS App Store
Some example projects to help you demonstrate your interest in the kind of work we do at Genius include, but are far from limited to:
- Build a system which fetches data and stores it in the database of your choice (Realm is preferred)
- Create a layout which scales across a wide range of devices using size classes and auto layout
- Make a player which plays music using Apple Music
- Write a SiriKit integration that controls your music
- Build an app that lets the user explore their music library using collection views & grid layouts