Genius is hiring for its first Vice President of Integrated Marketing to manage and grow a sales marketing team as well as conceptualize and produce custom bespoke integrated marketing proposals. In this role the candidate will be tasked with the evaluation, development and creation of strategic marketing insights that maximize Genius’ assets, products and position within the media/advertising landscape.
Genius is the world's biggest encyclopedia of music. Powered by its community, in-house creative team, and the artists themselves, Genius serves music knowledge to over 100 million people each month on Genius.com and everywhere music fans connect across the internet.
Founded in 2009, Genius began as a platform for annotating rap lyrics. Over the years, it has expanded its mission to include more than hip-hop, and more than just lyrics. Every song has a story that needs to be told, and the biggest names in music—including Frank Ocean, Lorde, and Cardi B—come to Genius to give the world insight into their art.
- Grow, manage, and mentor an Integrated Marketing team of 4+. Provide clarity, direction, and strategy that aligns with overall company objectives
- Partner with internal Genius Video, Branded Content, Data, and Experiential departments to develop large scale integrated brand partnerships
- Present directly to key clients and ad agency executives
- Drive storytelling for Genius sales
- Obsessively understand competitive products and opportunities through market research and industry trends
- Develop annual marketing strategic plan that aligns with corporate roadmap and delivers on annual growth objectives
- Develop the appropriate metrics for measuring and monitoring marketing effectiveness, including brand awareness, brand equity, and sales results
- 12+ years of integrated marketing experience at a digital publisher; media / advertising agency experience a plus
- 8+ years of direct in-house management experience
- Comfortable presenting directly to key clients and ad agency executives
- Proven track record developing and executing revenue driving strategies, programs, and partnerships for world class brands
- Strong reputation for championing a high performance culture, navigating diverse stakeholder needs, leading cross-functional teams, and recruiting, retaining and empowering talent to deliver results
- Strong Keynote, written communication, and presentation skills
- Passion in music culture—particularly hip-hop and pop music—and how brands utilize culture to communicate to Gen Z