Genius is searching for enthusiastic and attentive music fans to join our lyrics team as Lyrics Associates. The right candidates are skilled transcribers in their own right and even better at carefully checking the work of others. They’re attentive to detail and process, and never miss a step. This team will play a key role in making Genius’ lyric library the very best, within hours and even minutes of release, reviewing our library of lyrics and helping us build new lyric products.
*Note: This is a part-time, remote role, primarily Thursdays through Saturdays.
Genius is the world's biggest encyclopedia of music. Powered by its community, in-house creative team, and the artists themselves, Genius serves music knowledge to over 100 million people each month on Genius.com and everywhere music fans connect across the internet.
Founded in 2009, Genius began as a platform for annotating rap lyrics. Over the years, it has expanded its mission to include more than hip-hop, and more than just lyrics. Every song has a story that needs to be told, and the biggest names in music—including Frank Ocean, Lorde, and Cardi B—come to Genius to give the world insight into their art.
- Provide complete and accurate transcription of new releases
- Review and edit community transcriptions for accuracy and completeness
- Match new release transcriptions to Apple Music database
- Collaborate with Community and Tech teams to improve overall transcription processes and capabilities, including sync
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Comfort with spreadsheets
- Active participation in the Genius Knowledge Project and Transcriber community strongly preferred but not required
- Fluency in a foreign language, especially Spanish or Korean, is a plus
- Age 18+