Genius is searching for a News Video Producer / Editor to join our News video team. A fluency in music culture—particularly hip-hop and pop music—is essential.
Genius is the world's biggest encyclopedia of music. Powered by its community, in-house creative team, and the artists themselves, Genius serves music knowledge to over 100 million people each month on Genius.com and everywhere music fans connect across the internet.
Founded in 2009, Genius began as a platform for annotating rap lyrics. Over the years, it has expanded its mission to include more than hip-hop, and more than just lyrics. Every song has a story that needs to be told, and the biggest names in music—including Frank Ocean, Lorde, and Cardi B—come to Genius to give the world insight into their art.
- Scripting, producing, shooting, and editing Genius News videos including Song Stories, lyrical supercuts and more.
- Pitching daily news videos and concepting original news series.
- Collaborating with Senior News Producer, video, and content team to break news stories and improve Genius News.
- 3+ years experience in producing and video editing
- Passion for editorially-driven, non-fiction filmmaking
- Diverse visual style with strong sense of composition
- Ability to quickly learn new production tools and news shooting styles
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere and Photoshop, etc.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Fluent in the culture of social media and online communities
- Experience in After Effects
- Audio recording and mixing
- Spanish fluency