Genius is searching for an Associate Social Editor to work as a liaison between our Social, Editorial, and Video teams and edit existing Genius content to tap into each day’s social conversation. We’re looking for a team player who has experience in video editing, music journalism, and/or social media and understands Genius’ unique voice and place in the music landscape.
Genius is the world's biggest encyclopedia of music. Powered by its community, in-house creative team, and the artists themselves, Genius serves music knowledge to over 100 million people each month on Genius.com and everywhere music fans connect across the internet.
Founded in 2009, Genius began as a platform for annotating rap lyrics. Over the years, it has expanded its mission to include more than hip-hop, and more than just lyrics. Every song has a story that needs to be told, and the biggest names in music—including Frank Ocean, Lorde, and Cardi B—come to Genius to give the world insight into their art.
- Editing past Genius videos for new audiences
- Creating original video content using templates
- Posting daily video content on Genius social pages
- Liaising with the Video team
- Occasionally running social accounts
- 2+ years experience in video editing, music journalism, or social media
- Familiarity with Adobe suite (Premiere Pro, Photoshop, etc)
- Deep knowledge in a wide variety of music genres, particularly pop music and hip-hop
- Passion for finding unique stories about the making of music
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Attention to detail
- A Genius account and active participation in the knowledge project (if you don’t already have one, sign up!)