Genius is searching for a Senior Account Director that will be responsible for selling a mix of premium video, events, and media on Genius.com – and driving the long-term vision and success of Genius monetization.
Genius is the world's biggest encyclopedia of music. Powered by its community, in-house creative team, and the artists themselves, Genius serves music knowledge to over 100 million people each month on Genius.com and everywhere music fans connect across the internet.
Founded in 2009, Genius began as a platform for annotating rap lyrics. Over the years, it has expanded its mission to include more than hip-hop, and more than just lyrics. Every song has a story that needs to be told, and the biggest names in music—including Frank Ocean, Lorde, and Cardi B—come to Genius to give the world insight into their art.
- Drive revenue and market share in a defined territory
- Accelerate customer adoption and maintain a robust sales pipeline
- Build new account relationships to create a sustainable book of business
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts
- Meet or exceed revenue goals on monthly/quarterly/annual basis
- Gather market intel and a firm understanding of account verticals through trade journals and industry events
- Keep abreast of internal marketing and editorial developments
- Prepare and manage weekly sales pipeline reports
- Ensure customer satisfaction
- 5-7 years of media sales experience meeting and/or exceeding quotas
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Exceptional client relationship and communication skills
- Ability to work cross departmentally to ensure the success of client programs.
- “Win-Win” attitude with a hunger to meet and exceed goals
- Desire to work in fast-paced and deadline driven environment
- Firm understanding of how to build and manipulate a media plan
- Strong Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Keynote skillset