Genies is culture’s avatar technology company empowering developers and artists to create their own interoperable gamified consumer experiences. The company has raised $250 million from investors including Silver Lake, BOND, NEA, and Bob Iger. Initially, Genies were adopted by thousands of Hollywood icons including Justin Bieber and Rihanna through partnerships with Universal Music Group and Warner Music Group. Today, the company is also delivering avatars to the masses through experiences built with its Developer Kit and artist crowdsourced platform, The Workshop. These experiences all integrate together to form one avatar social network, Genies Party.
Genies is looking for a highly technical, creative, and inventive Game Designer. As a game designer for Genies you will play a pivotal role in shaping the next generation of mobile gaming experiences. You will work in a collaborative and creative environment, harnessing your expertise in game design to craft engaging and immersive gameplay immersive gameplay.Our ideal candidate has shipped multiple mobile games, is naturally curious and creative, thrives in highly collaborative and autonomous environments, and has worked extensively with Unity.
Genies sits at the forefront of the digital avatar and gaming industry. We are on a mission to empower users to create and interact with hyper-realistic avatars in virtual experiences that have captured users' attention worldwide. If you are passionate about pushing the boundaries of avatars, avatar use cases, gaming and creating captivating user experiences, we want you on our team!
What You’ll be Doing:
- Game Design: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to conceptualize, design, and develop mobile games that leverage Genies avatars and technology
- Unity Development: Utilize Unity to implement gameplay mechanics, user interfaces, and systems that enhance the overall gaming experience
- Systems Design: Design and balance game systems, including progression, economy, and player interactions, to ensure a rewarding and engaging player journey
- Prototyping: Rapidly create prototypes to test and refine gameplay concepts, iterating based on user feedback and data-driven insights
- User-Centric Approach: Keep the player's experience at the forefront of design decisions, ensuring user satisfaction and retention
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Collaborate closely with artists, engineers, and product managers to ensure the successful integration of gameplay elements and features
- Documentation: Create and maintain detailed design documentation, including game mechanics, systems, and features
What You Should Have:
- A DEEP passion for games - you love to play them, dissect them, and talk about them in depth
- A successful track record for shipping multiple mobile games
- Creative thinker with a passion for pushing the boundaries of mobile gaming
- Strong awareness of games industry trends, what is happening in the industry, what tech is present or upcoming, and what new genres are emerging and why
- Proven experience in mobile game design with a strong portfolio showcasing your work
- Proficiency in Unity3D and experience with C# programming
- Unreal experience is relevant, but technical abilities to learn Unity will be assessed
- BONUS: Technical Versatility - we are seeking “T shape” game designers that can flex both their art and engineering skills
- Expert level understanding of game systems design, progression, and monetization strategies
- PLUS - Bachelor's degree in Game Design, Computer Science, or related field (Masters in Computer Science is a plus)
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Self-motivated, proactive, and able to work independently
How Genies will support you
Genies is a well-funded, growing start-up that cares deeply about each of our employees' growth and success. Our roles and their responsibilities are created with a breadth of scope that introduces each employee to exciting new challenges and opportunities that a growing start-up encounters. The actual base pay is dependent upon a number of factors, including: professional background, training, transferable skills, work experience, education, location, business and product needs, and market demand. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. Full-time employees may also be eligible for equity compensation, in addition to a robust health, wellness, and benefits package.
Starting Salary Range: $180,000 to $250,000
Here's why you'll love working at Genies:
- You'll work with a team that you’ll be able to learn from and grow with, including support for your own professional development
- You'll be at the helm of your own career, shaping it with your own innovative contributions to a nascent team and product with flexible hours and a work from home policy
- You'll enjoy the culture and perks of a startup, with the stability of being well funded
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (Anthem + Kaiser Options Available), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive salaries for all full time employees
- Unlimited paid time off, sick time, and paid company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Health & wellness support through programs such as monthly wellness reimbursement
- Working in a brand new, bright, open-environment and fun office space - there’s even a slide!
Genies is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.