Genies is culture’s leading avatar technology company empowering humans to create their own avatar ecosystems. Genies provides tools (Genies Avatar Creator OS) that allows users to create their own avatars, avatar wearable fashion lines, avatar worlds, and avatar interactive experiences in web3. The company has 99% celebrity avatar market share through its partnerships with Universal Music Group and Warner Music Group as their “official avatar and digital goods NFT provider” with thousands of Genie creators including Justin Bieber, Migos, Cardi B, and J Balvin. Bringing the power of NFTs and crypto to culture, Genies’ avatar ecosystem NFT marketplace “The Warehouse” built with Dapper Labs, allows talent, IP, and creators to design and sell their avatar ecosystem creations (i.e. avatar fashion lines) to the masses. Genies has raised $200M from investors such as Silver Lake, BOND, NEA, and Breyer Capital.
Genies is looking for an innovative Technical Program Manager, Marketplace to contribute to the development of new technology products for our company. In this role, your duties will include overseeing the various stages of product development and collaborating with the software development team. You will also be responsible for the deployment and integration of new products. To ensure success as a technical program manager, you should exhibit strong leadership skills and extensive experience in technical program management in a related industry. Top-notch technical program managers combine their business knowledge with technological expertise to promote product innovation.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Serve as Technical Program Manager & Scrum Master for multiple agile teams supporting NFT Marketplace from frontend to backend
- Partner with product owners to conduct and facilitate all agile ceremonies including but not limited to backlog grooming, sprint planning, and demos etc
- Facilitate estimation & planning, milestone attainment and overall agile software delivery life cycle process management
- Partner with product owners to maintain agile team delivery roadmap, team velocity and burn down charts while continuously identifying improvement opportunities
- Support technology managers and agile team leads in establishing & documenting production release cycles for products/projects
- Partner with other technical program managers and product owners to identify cross-team and functional/project dependencies and assist with project/product delivery planning and cost management
What You Should Have:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 3-5 years of experience in technical program management, preferably in a related industry
- Advanced knowledge of the full life-cycle of web application development
- Knowledge and experience with cloud platforms such as: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
- Knowledge of container technologies (e.g. Kubernetes) and server-less architecture
- Experience in product development planning and providing leadership
- Ability to collaborate with software engineers and report to senior managers
- Extensive experience in software development engineering, deployment, and integration
- Ability to evaluate product performance metrics, as well as diagnose and resolve issues
- Ability to keep up with advancements in the field of technical product development.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency with Atlassian SCM Suite (Confluence/JIRA)
Here's why you'll love working at Genies:
- You'll work with a team that you’ll be able to learn from and grow with, including support for your own professional development
- You'll be at the helm of your own career, shaping it with your own innovative contributions to a nascent team and product with flexible hours and a work from home policy
- You'll enjoy the culture and perks of a startup, with the stability of being well funded
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (Anthem + Kaiser Options Available), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive salaries and 401K program for all full time employees
- Flexible paid time off, sick time, and paid company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Health & wellness support through programs such as monthly wellness reimbursement
- Working in a brand new, bright, open-environment and fun office space - there’s even a slide!
- Choice of MacBook or windows laptop
Genies is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.