Genies is culture’s leading avatar technology company empowering humans to create their own avatar ecosystems. Genies provides tools (Genies Avatar Creator OS) that allows users to create their own avatars, avatar wearable fashion lines, avatar worlds, and avatar interactive experiences in web3. The company has 99% celebrity avatar market share through its partnerships with Universal Music Group and Warner Music Group as their “official avatar and digital goods NFT provider” with thousands of Genie creators including Justin Bieber, Migos, Cardi B, and J Balvin. Bringing the power of NFTs and crypto to culture, Genies’ avatar ecosystem NFT marketplace “The Warehouse” built with Dapper Labs, allows talent, IP, and creators to design and sell their avatar ecosystem creations (i.e. avatar fashion lines) to the masses. Genies has raised $200M from investors such as Silver Lake, BOND, NEA, and Breyer Capital.
Genies is looking for a Lead Animation Engineer for our R&D department. The ideal candidate will combine a passion for expressive characters with the technical ability to design and implement novel motion systems. The role will be focused on developing tools for procedural motion in real time applications. Production knowledge of games or VFX and a background developing machine learning algorithms are desired to help create the next generation of digital identity.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Prototype, build, and debug research-guided tools for runtime motion systems
- Modelling of animation data for use in training real time neural networks
- Analyze and diagnose CPU and GPU runtime performance issues
- Disseminate knowledge of machine learning principles to internal developers
What You Should Have:
- Expert understanding of linear algebra and 3D skeletal systems
- Highly organized with a strong ability to take initiative and work collaboratively
- Strong programming experience with C++ & C# including object-oriented design
- Experience with machine learning pipelines and large amounts of 3D data
- Experience with 3rd party libraries, frameworks and APIs (TensorFlow, PyTorch, NLTK)
- Familiarity with pose detection, FACS solves and motion databases (CMU, Affectiva)
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years experience designing and integrating custom plugins for 3D applications
- 4+ years experience developing runtime animation systems and control rigs
- 2+ years experience creating machine learning models to synthesize animation
- Experience working with Unity, Unreal, and DCCs (Maya) in a production environment
- Familiarity with body & facial motion capture workflows and NLP
- Familiarity with Mobile AR (AR Foundation, ARKit, ARCore)
Here's why you'll love working at Genies:
- You'll work with a team that you’ll be able to learn from and grow with, including support for your own professional development
- You'll be at the helm of your own career, shaping it with your own innovative contributions to a nascent team and product with flexible hours and a work from home policy
- You'll enjoy the culture and perks of a startup, with the stability of being well funded
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (Anthem + Kaiser Options Available), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive salaries and 401K program for all full time employees
- Flexible paid time off, sick time, and paid company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Health & wellness support through programs such as monthly wellness reimbursement
- Working in a brand new, bright, open-environment and fun office space - there’s even a slide!
- Choice of MacBook or windows laptop
Genies is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.