Founded by Akash Nigam, Evan Rosenbaum and Jake Adams, Genies is the world’s largest avatar technology company and driving force in the creation of digital identities that can be used across platforms. The company is setting the foundation for swift, widespread adaptation of avatars in society and culture through its internationally renowned Avatar Agency and SDK partnerships. With investors such as NEA, Breyer Capital, CAA, and Tull Investment Group, Genies is creating a network of platforms and marketplaces where virtual identities lead the way in digital communication, connection, commercialization, and monetization. To date, the technology has been used by the likes of Gucci, FritoLay, GIPHY, Offset, Justin Bieber and many more.
We are looking for a Avatar Artist who will be available either on a full-time basis or an exclusive 1 year contract requiring 40+ hours a week. The ideal candidate will have a love for the intersection of tech, entertainment, toys, games, and pop culture.
- Sculpt high-poly 3D characters and objects
- Create low-poly 3D characters and objects for use in mobile AR applications
- Create textures for 3D assets using Photoshop or Substance Painter
- Import and assemble 3D assets into Unity
- Collaborate with Art Directors, Developers, and Producers to ensure all aspects of the project are at the highest quality
- Contribute to overall office morale, spirit, character, and work quality
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
- 5+ years of experience in real-time/gaming environments
- A strong 3D modeler with a solid understanding of all facets of the 3D production pipeline
- Extensive 3D character (avatar) portfolio optimized for games and real-time engines
- Expert level in Maya, Zbrush, substance painter, and other relevant modeling and texturing software
- The ability to rig and animate a character model to have natural motion is a plus
- Unity development skills are a big plus!
- Self-motivated and able to take ownership of an initiative or project with little supervision (i.e. can take a concept and “run with it”)
- Strong design skills and artistic eye
- Team player who has good communication skills and works well with others
- A love for the intersection of tech, entertainment, toys, games, and pop culture
Applicants applying through Indeed or Glassdoor must submit their resume via our career site. We do not consider emailed resumes/applications.
Genies provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.