We're dedicated to helping people connect and stay close with the people, groups, and communities they care about. At Geneva, we're building a better group chat app to support these relationships: more organized and feature-rich than GroupMe or iMessage, more private than Facebook Groups, and more fun than Slack.
We're looking for a Web3 Community Manager to join our team. Our goal for this role is to support the success of key web3 groups and communities on Geneva, and to boost growth and awareness within this segment. You’ll be the go-to community manager serving as the first touchpoint with Geneva for web3 groups and communities, will be an internal driving force in catering programming, educational resources, and campaigns to help bring more values-aligned NFT communities and DAOs to us.
About the Role
- Hosting web3-focused educational/community-building moments across a variety of Geneva’s channels. Depending on subject matter, this could look like cohosting a Twitter space with a web3 community leader, a casual live broadcast in our Homeowner’s Home to share home set-up tips for your upcoming NFT launch, or even holding the occasional in-person meet-up for web3 community-builders.
- General grassroots outreach and relationship-building among web3 communities and groups at large. This is all about raising awareness, and helping Geneva become a default choice for people interested in launching a community-centric project or moving their existing community to a new platform.
- Actively serving as a first point of contact for web3 communities using or moving to Geneva today. You’ll build relationships and serve as a friendly face who can support community builders as they work to develop their homes and build their communities.
- You’ll be up to speed on what key web3 communities on Geneva have in their future roadmaps and plans, and be an internal resource for them to better understand how they can leverage Geneva to better support their goals.
- Being the “face of Geneva” for web3 both online and off. You’ll identify key events where it’s important for Geneva to have a presence to attend, and work to take online conversations out into the real world when it makes sense to do so.
You’ll play a supporting role with:
- Contributing knowledge to other members of the Community team who are building out Geneva's library of educational resources, guides, and other published content aimed toward helping community-builders achieve their goals on Geneva.
- You’ll work closely with Community, Brand, and Product teams to support stronger in-app and on-site discovery experiences for users who are interested in learning more about web3. In these conversations, you’ll often represent the voice of a web3-curious user who’s just getting started in their journey and looking for the right group to learn with.
- Working with the Head of Community to achieve notable press coverage, and to consult on places where our presence would add genuine value, boost awareness, and connect with our audience
Requirements / What you bring to this role:
- An informed perspective about current web3 community trends - you already have an internal library in your head about who Geneva should be working and connecting with and the most interesting projects we should have on our radar. Your POV is authentically driven from being a member of the community, and you already have a strong network of connections to communities that share Geneva’s values.
- A professional history managing and growing communities, with a proven track record developing programs designed to support engagement, retention, and growth
- You enjoy teaching and have created memorable, engaging educational opportunities designed to boost the learners’ confidence and support their success, whether its with a specific product or otherwise
- You’re highly organized - managing community is all about the details, and you know how to stay on top of relationships to make sure nobody falls through the cracks
- You’re very comfortable building relationships in public, and can feel at home talking about interesting ideas and connecting with like-minded people in front of an online audience (on lives, podcasts, panels, etc)
Your roadmap to success in this role
In your first 30 days, you’ll…
- Complete Geneva onboarding - you’ll meet people across the company, get familiar with how your team collaborates and gets work done, and learn about the product and our future roadmap/goals
- Dive in and meet the web3 communities who are currently using and exploring Geneva. You’ll hear what’s going on with them right now, and establish yourself as a resource to support their goals moving forward with Geneva
- Participate in/support your first live education-focused moment with Geneva, and begin outlining upcoming educational topics you’d love to explore over the next few months
In your first 3 months, you’ll…
- You’ll have developed a strong, repeatable system to get in touch with growing web3 communities, share more about us, and help facilitate smooth transitions onto Geneva. Within your first 3 months, you’ll have helped a handful of exciting, values-aligned communities launch or make the switch!
- Be getting comfortable hosting twitter spaces or co-sponsored events with other web3 community voices. By now, you’ll have built out your list of dream co-hosts, and have been taking regular action to connect and share how Geneva would like to collaborate
In your first 6 months, you’ll…
- Have widened and expanded Geneva's footprint within the greater web3 community, online and IRL. Your engaging presence and community-building activity have helped you become a go-to voice when somebody thinks about Geneva, and you've manicured a rolling calendar of events to host, support, or attend for our team in the future
- Be regularly communicating with team members across the organization, including our product team and our strategic partnerships teams, to incorporate more web3 community feedback and insights into the product and build on future expansion and development plans
Working at Geneva
Geneva offers a full range of benefits and perks to all full-time employees including:
💰 Competitive, data-backed compensation. We pay based on the same data-backed salary framework, wherever you live. For this role, we're targeting a range of $95,000-$120,000 USD + equity, based on experience and level.
❤️🩹 Excellent, fully paid options for health, dental, and vision
🏝️ Open vacation policy with a 15-day minimum, unlimited sick days (with support for mental health days), and ample company-wide holidays
🍼 12 weeks paid parental leave for all new parents
💻 Everything you need to do your job well, including equipment and home office budget, paid coworking expenses, a learning and development budget, and wellness stipends
✈️ In-person company retreats in destinations you'll love (when we're able to safely do so), all expenses paid
You can learn more about what it's like working for Geneva here!
We're an equal-opportunity employer committed to building a diverse team and an environment of inclusion and belonging. Research indicates that applicants who are people of color, female or non-binary are less likely to apply for roles they do not feel 100% qualified for. We encourage everyone who's interested to apply, even if you're not sure you match the full description listed above.