Geneva is a messaging app for groups, clubs, and communities — more private than social media, more organized than basic group chat apps, and more fun than workplace tools.
At Geneva, we envision a happier world where people feel safer and more comfortable communicating with one another online. We see ourselves not as social media, but simply as infrastructure that lives in service to our community’s conversations; a new kind of digital space where power is distributed, where privacy is respected, and where advertising is nowhere to be found.
Geneva is full of smart, passionate and ambitious team members and we're backed by some of the biggest institutional investors, smartest community leaders, and well-respected founders in technology. We're a group of misfits and friends based in NYC with remote teammates all over the world, who grew up on the internet and still believe in its potential. If this sounds like the place for you, we'd love to get to know you.
You will be leading the charge on how we tell Geneva's story to the world. Through short animations and stills you'll help showcase product features, tell stories, and inspire the future community leaders of the world. The ideal candidate is a storyteller with experience creating top-notch narratives in delightful, educational short bursts. The ideal candidate understands the Geneva brand and illustration style- and can bring their own flair to it in 2D or 3D and can animate these assets if the project calls for it. You may have to wear a lot of hats so someone who can both illustrate and animate is ideal.
- Create and animate feature videos to showcase new feature launches
- Collaborate with design, product and community teams on video projects
- See projects through from storyboard to final production
- Craft beautiful branded motion sequences for marketing, product and educational video content
- 2+ years of graphic design + animation experience
- A diverse portfolio showcasing professional and personal work
- Ability to take complex concepts and visualize them with easy to understand graphics
- Experience creating storyboards and style frames
- Familiarity with industry standard editing workflows, video formats, codecs and frame rates
- Ability to follow brand guidelines with an eye for detail
- You have a high standard of creativity, craft, and quality including a design sense for composition, color and typography
- Proficient in Adobe Suite CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects)
- Experience with Cinema 4D/Maya/Blender and Audio a plus
- Bonus points for editing skills in Adobe Premiere (or similar) and prior experience working with tech startups
- US based (remote is ok, NYC is preferred)
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive salary
- Fun work environment (HQ is located in Soho NYC)
To get an idea of our style, here is some sample Geneva design work you can browse.
More style examples we like: